From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Location of Yashio in Saitama Prefecture
|• Mayor||Shigemi Tada (since September 2001)|
|• Total||18.03 km2 (6.96 sq mi)|
|• Density||4,501/km2 (11,660/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|- Flower||Gardenia jasminoides|
|- Bird||White Wagtail|
|Address||1-2-1 Chūō, Yashio-shi, Saitama
|Website||City of Yashio|
- September 28, 1956: The village of Yashio (in Minami-Saitama District) was formed by the merger of three former villages (Shiodome, Hachijō and Yahata).
- October 1, 1964: The village was elevated to town status.
- January 15, 1972: The town was elevated to city status.
- August 24, 2005: The Tsukuba Express railway line opened, and Yashio Station became the only railway station to operate in the city.
Media related to Yashio, Saitama at Wikimedia Commons
- Yashio City official website (Japanese)
|This Saitama Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|