||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009)|
Nakata (background) performing with Capsule in 2010
|Native name||中田 ヤスタカ|
February 6, 1980 |
Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
|Genres||Shibuya-kei, techno, EDM, new wave, electronica, electro house, complextro|
|Occupations||DJ, record producer, composer, songwriter, mastering engineer|
|Instruments||Keyboard, synthesizer, drums, guitar, programming, music sequencer, turntables|
|Associated acts||Capsule, Coltemonikha, Perfume, Meg, Ami Suzuki, SMAP, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu|
Yasutaka Nakata (中田 ヤスタカ Nakata Yasutaka?, born February 6, 1980 in Kanazawa, Ishikawa) is a Japanese songwriter, music producer and DJ. He formed the group Capsule in 1997 with vocalist Toshiko Koshijima and himself as composer/producer when both were 17. They formally debuted as capsule in 2001.
He has been the producer for girl group Perfume since 2003, and for solo artist Kyary Pamyu Pamyu since 2011. Nakata has worked with several other Japanese pop singers, including Meg, Ami Suzuki and SMAP, and has also remixed songs by other artists, including M-Flo and Leah Dizon. He runs his own label, Contemode, in association with Yamaha. After Towa Tei, he was the second Japanese artist to officially remix Kylie Minogue, contributing a version of her single "Get Outta My Way". He also formed Coltemonikha with singer, model and fashion designer Kate Sakai.
On July 2012, he won the "Creator" award for the "Change Maker of the Year 2012" event.
- Studio albums listed are full-length original studio albums fully produced by Yasutaka Nakata.
|2001||High Collar Girl||Capsule||Yamaha Music Communications||
|2003||Cutie Cinema Replay||Contemode||
|2004||S.F. Sound Furniture||
|L.D.K. Lounge Designers Killer||
|2008||Game||Perfume||Tokuma Japan Communications||
|More! More! More!||Capsule||Contemode||
|Supreme Show||Ami Suzuki||Avex Trax||
|Triangle||Perfume||Tokuma Japan Communications||
|2011||World of Fantasy||Capsule||Contemode||
|JPN||Perfume||Tokuma Japan Communications||
|Pamyu Pamyu Revolution||Kyary Pamyu Pamyu||Unborde/Warner Music Japan||
|2013||Nanda Collection||Kyary Pamyu Pamyu||
|CAPS LOCK||Capsule||Unborde/Warner Music Japan||
|2014||Pikapika Fantasian||Kyary Pamyu Pamyu||
- capsule (music group with vocalist Toshiko Koshijima, active since 1997 [major debut: 2001])
- Meg (producer/lyricist/composer from 2007 to 2012)
- Perfume (producer/lyricist/composer since 2003)
- Kyary Pamyu Pamyu (lyricist/composer/producer since 2011)
- Coltemonikha (music group project with vocalist Kate Sakai; active from 2006 to 2007 and 2011)
- Ami Suzuki (producer/lyricist/composer on three singles and album Supreme Show in 2008)
- Nagisa Cosmetic
- Marino (lyricist/composer/arranger of two songs on her 2006 album Lolipop)
- Sarina (composer/arranger of one song, "Cyber Girl", on her 2007 album Violin Diva: 2nd Set)
- Aiko Kayō (composer/arranger on her 2006 single "Cosmic Cosmetics")
- Marina Inoue (composer on her 2007 single "Beautiful Story")
- SMAP (lyricist/composer/producer of one song, Kokoro Puzzle Rhythm, on their 2008 album Super.modern.artistic.performance, and their 2009 song "Chanto Shinai to ne")
- Crystal Kay (lyricist/composer/producer of one song, "Step By Step", on her 2009 album Best of Crystal Kay)
- Tackey and Tsubasa (lyricist/composer/producer of one song, "Spotlight", from mini album Trip & Treasure)
- Minmi (lyricist/composer/producer of b-side, "Taiyō no Shita de", from the single Lalala (Ai no Uta) and "Kaze ni Nosete" from the album I LOVE)
- Tomohisa Yamashita (lyricist/composer/producer of one song, "Baby Baby", from album Ero)
- Scandal (writer and producer of the song "Overdrive", off the single of the same title and album "Standard")
- Ringo Sheena (arranger of the song "Netsuai Hakkakuchū," off the album Ukina)
- Dorlis × Maki Nomiya × Yasutaka Nakata (capsule) featuring coba / Lovey Dovey (ラブ◎○△▲ダービー)
- Kaleido / Meu Sonho
- M-Flo Loves Minmi / Lotta Love
- Leah Dizon / Koi Shiyou (恋しよう♪)
- Ram Rider / Sun Lights Stars
- Ram Rider / Kimi ga Suki (きみがすき)
- Spaghetti Vabune! / Favorite Song
- Nana Furuhara - Futari no Mojipittan (ふたりのもじぴったん)
- Asako Toki - Kimi ni Mune Kyun (君に胸キュン)
- Meg / rockstar
- Ami Suzuki / A token of love
- SMAP / Yozora no Mukou (夜空ノムコウ)
- Thelma Aoyama / Rhythm (リズム)
- Clazziquai Project / Beat in Love
- Meg / Freak
- Sweetbox / Everything Is Gonna Be Alright (Next Generation 2009)
- Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra / Ryuusei no Ballad
- Passion Pit / "The Reeling"
- Clazziquai Project / Kiss Kiss Kiss
- Mini / Are U Ready?
- Kylie Minogue / Get Outta My Way
- Juju / Sayonara no Kawari ni
- Alexandra Stan / Mr. Saxobeat
- Rip Slyme / Nettaiya
- trf / Ez Do Dance (retracked by Yasutaka Nakata)
- Kylie Minogue / Into the Blue
- "Perfume Interview" (in Japanese). bounce.com. 2008-02-07. Archived from the original on 2008-12-09. Retrieved 2009-06-02. (English translation)
- "An interview with Yasutaka Nakata". cnngo.com. Retrieved 2010-09-04.
- "Kyary Pamyu Pamyu "PONPONPON" Music Video w/ Art by 6%DOKIDOKI". tokyofashion.com. Retrieved 2012-01-19.
- "capsule-web.com". capsule-web.com. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "Nakata Yasutaka wins "creator" award at "Change Maker of the Year 2012" event". tokyohive.com. 2012-07-07. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- Ｐｅｒｆｕｍｅのアルバム売り上げランキング (Oricon)
- きゃりーぱみゅぱみゅのアルバム売り上げランキング (Oricon)