Yavneh College, Borehamwood
|DfE URN||134985 Tables|
|Houses||Ethics, Venture, Energy, Finance and Inspiration|
|Colours||Red and Black|
Yavneh College is a comprehensive school for boys and girls aged 11-18 yrs. The school was established in 2006 on a £30m campus designed to offer state-of-the-art facilities for 1,000 pupils. As a Jewish school, our aim is to produce young people who are proud of their heritage, confident in their religious practice and equipped with the academic qualifications and wider skills necessary for success in a modern world.
Yavneh College is an 'Outstanding’ school (Ofsted March 2011).
• Yavneh College was ranked 7th in the 2011 national GCSE league table of top-performing totally non-selective state schools (source: The Times)
• In March 2012 Yavneh college was invited to join the Leading Edge network, in recognition of the school's status as a high performing school. Less than 1% of schools in England have Leading Edge status.
• The prestigious NACE Challenge Award for excellence in provision for able, gifted and talented children was granted to Yavneh College in March 2011
• In June 2011 we were awarded the QiSS kite mark for our extensive programme of extracurricular enrichment activities, study support and extended learning activities
• The Jewish education at Yavneh College is 'Outstanding' (Pikuach inspection March 2011)
• The school has been awarded the ICT Mark and the Sports Mark in recognition of the quality of ICT and sports at Yavneh College
• The school has specialist school status as a Business & Enterprise College. Ofsted highlighted the outstanding contribution that this specialist status has made to the success of the school.
|This Hertfordshire school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|