Yazoo County Airport
|Yazoo County Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: none – FAA LID: 87I|
|Owner||County of Yazoo|
|Serves||Yazoo City, Mississippi|
|Location||Yazoo County, Mississippi|
|Elevation AMSL||105 ft / 32 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 called it a general aviation facility. In 2010 the airport got a $76,931 Federal Aviation Administration Airport Improvement Program grant for apron lighting.
The airport has a 5,000 feet (1,500 m) lighted runway that was built in 1993 and upgraded in 2000. As of 2001 the airport houses two agricultural businesses and a repair service. Lynne W. Jeter of the Mississippi Business Journal said in 2001 that the county airport "may have played an important role in landing the multi-phase federal prison project that is currently under expansion," referring to the Federal Bureau of Prisons Federal Correctional Complex, Yazoo City.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 87I ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "Poplarville, Hattiesburg among airports receiving grants." WDAM. March 12, 2010. Retrieved on September 23, 2010.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- Aerial image as of February 1996 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 87I, effective November 13, 2014
- Resources for this airport: