|Full name||Yelena Alexeyevna Skalinskaya|
28 July 1987 |
Jambyl, Kazakh SSR
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||60 kg (132 lb)|
|College team||Maryland Terrapins (USA)|
Yelena Alexeyevna Skalinskaya (Kazakh: Елена Алексеевна Скалинская; born July 28, 1987 in Jambyl) is a retired Kazakhstani swimmer, who specialized in sprint freestyle and breaststroke events. She is a five-time national champion and record holder in the same stroke. Skalinskaya is a member of the swimming team for Maryland Terrapins, along with her fellow country teammate Marina Mulyayeva.
Skalinskaya qualified for two swimming events at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, by clearing FINA B-standard entry times of 26.50 (50 m freestyle) and 58.00 (100 m freestyle) from the Kazakhstan Open Championships in Almaty. In the 100 m freestyle, Skalinskaya challenged seven other swimmers on the second heat, including three-time Olympian Agnese Ozoliņa of Latvia. She raced to second place and forty-first overall by more than a second behind winner Vanessa García of Puerto Rico in 58.56. In the 50 m freestyle, Skalinskaya placed thirty-ninth overall on the last day of preliminaries. Swimming in heat six, she edged out India's Shikha Tandon to take a fifth spot by 0.04 of a second, outside her entry time of 27.04.
- "Yelena Skalinskaya". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- "Swimming – Women's 50m Freestyle Startlist (Heat 6)" (PDF). Athens 2004. Omega Timing. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- "Swimming – Women's 100m Freestyle Startlist (Heat 2)" (PDF). Athens 2004. Omega Timing. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- "Women's 100m Freestyle Heat 2". Athens 2004. BBC Sport. 18 August 2004. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- Thomas, Stephen (18 August 2004). "Women’s 100 Freestyle Prelims, Day 5: Inky Leads the Pack with a Swift 54.43". Swimming World Magazine. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- "Women's 50m Freestyle Heat 6". Athens 2004. BBC Sport. 20 August 2004. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- Thomas, Stephen (20 August 2004). "Women's 50 Freestyle, Prelims Day 7: Inky Sizzles in World Best 24.66, Joyce Next in PR 25.06, Jenny Thompson Makes It Too". Swimming World Magazine. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
|This biographical article related to a Kazakhstani swimmer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|