Yellow Jacket, Colorado
|Yellow Jacket, Colorado|
|Elevation||6,900 ft (2,103 m)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||0176860|
Yellow Jacket is located at(37.532871,-108.719845).
There are a number of prehistoric archaeological sites of the Ancient Pueblo People (Anasazi) during the Pueblo II Era and Pueblo III Eras near Yellow Jacket that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places and the Colorado State Register of Historic Properties:
- Albert Porter Pueblo inhabited in the AD late 1100s - early 1200s.
- Bass Site occupied AD late 1100s - early 1200s.
- Joe Ben Wheat Site Complex occupied from AD 1075-1300. The site was a large multi-component site with 90 rooms and 14 kivas.
- Seven Towers Pueblo inhabited from AD 1150-1300.
- Woods Canyon Pueblo occupied in the AD 1200s.
- Yellow Jacket Pueblo, one of the largest Ancient Pueblo communities in the area.
- Unnamed site 5MT4700.
- List of cities and towns in Colorado
- List of prehistoric sites in Colorado
- Old Spanish National Historic Trail
- Prehistory of Colorado
- Trail of the Ancients
- famous people
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- National & State Registers for Montezuma County, Colorado. Colorado Historical Society, Office of Archaeology and Historic Preservation. Retrieved 10-8-2011.
- National Register of Historic Places American Dreams, Inc. Retrieved 2011-10-6.