The Yerevan Circus (Armenian: Երևանի կրկես Yerevani krkes) was founded in 1930s, it was completely renovated in 1962 and was finally demolished in September 2012. The new building of the circus is planned to be opened in 2014.
|Demolition of the roof, 21 July 2012|
|Complete demolition, 8 September 2012|
The original building of the circus was wooden and was built in the 1930s. In 1939 a new building was constructed in its location for 800 spectators designed by Nikoghayos Buniatian. That building was completely renovated in 1962 by Vagharshak Belubekian's project. Its capacity decreased to 700. The building has not been renovated since then.
Yerevan Circus was privatized in August 2005 and became the ownership of the circus staff by Sos Petrosyan. for AMD 150 million  In 2011, Moscow-based Armenian businessman Samvel Karapetyan's announced that his Tashir Group will invest $10 million on the renovation of the Yerevan Circus.
The repair works were started in August 2011 by Tashir Group. Later it was decided to demolish the building and construct a new one, because the old building was not eligible for renovation. The roof of the circus building was demolished on July 21, 2012. Few months later on September 8, 2012 the whole building was demolished. The Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations was supervising the demolition process.
In popular culture
- "Երեւանի կրկեսը` կենդանի պատմություն (Living history of the Yerevan Circus)" (in Armenian). Mediamax. 10 May 2012. Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- "Yerevan circus roof blasted (PHOTO, VIDEO)". News.am. 21 July 2012. Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- Barseghyan, Anna (20 September 2012). "2014-ին մայրաքաղաքը կունենա ժամանակակից կրկես (Yerevan will have a modern circus by 2012)" (in Armenian). Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty. Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- "Yerevan circus dome detonated". PanARMENIAN.Net. 21 July 2012. Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- Gyozalyan, Hasmik (8 September 2012). "Կրկեսը կդառնա լավագույն մշակութային օջախներից մեկը (Yerevan Circus will become one of the best cultural centers)" (in Armenian). Avangard. Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- "Yerevan circus building demounted (video)". Tert.am. 8 September 2012. Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- "Circus building blown up in Yerevan - VIDEO and PHOTO". News.am. 8 September 2012. Retrieved 9 November 2012.