|Type||Public (BSE: 532648)|
|Industry||Banking & financial services|
|Founder(s)||Mr. Rana Kapoor and Late Mr. Ashok Kapur|
|Key people||Mr. Rana Kapoor, Managing Director & CEO |
|Products||Corporate and Institutional Banking, Financial Markets, Investment Banking, Corporate Finance, Retail Banking, Business and Transaction Banking, and Wealth Management, NRI Banking, SMEs |
|Net income||1118.2 crore (US$170 million) (30th September 2013)|
|Total assets||102153.5 crore (US$16 billion) (30th September 2013)|
Yes Bank is a private bank in India. It was founded by Ashok Kapur and Rana Kapoor, with the duo holding a collective financial stake of 27.16%. Mr.Ashok Kapur was killed in a terrorist attack in 2008 in Mumbai.
In 2010, the bank announced the roll-out of a strategic blueprint, named Version 2.0 of the bank, to further accelerate its business growth in the retail banking space, with the objective to achieve by 2015, a balance sheet size of 1,50,000 crore, deposits of 125,000 crore, advances of 100,000 crore, a pan India network of 900 branches and a human capital base of 12750 by 2015.
Corporate and Institutional Banking
Yes Bank deals in corporate investment services. This involves providing, for a fee, financial advice to customers, generally corporate or individual investors.
Yes Bank also competes in the South Asian commercial banking market. Commercial banking is essentially the equivalent of retail banking for commercial entities, but is however generally more expensive and accounts yield less interest, since corporate firms don't generally regard earning interest as a major component of their need for banking services.
Yes Bank is a major competitor in the business banking sector of the Indian economy, especially amongst smaller- and medium-sized clients. Business banking is centred primarily around Cash Handling, Payment, Direct Banking, Liabilities and Investment, and Trade services.
Retail Banking is the general branch of banking, targeted at private individuals. Customers are currently being handled by a branch network, composed of over 500 branches across the country with 1122+ ATMs, and Internet Banking facilities.
Indian financial Institutions
IFI services are aimed at various relationship and product managers, and centre around a variety of products including Debt, Trade Finance, Guarantees, Treasury Services, Working Capital Finance, Cash Management & Transactional Services, Liabilities and Investment Management, and Liquidity Management Solutions to its customers.
Yes Bank's Investment Banking division consists of domestic and cross-border Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Venture Advisory Services, Private Equity Placement as well as Merchant Banking Services across select industry verticals.
Corporate Finance- (http://corporate.indbankonline.com/documents/Yes%20Bank%20Ltd%20-%20Update.pdf http://www.cio.in/ceo-interviews/yes-change-rana-kapoor-founder-and-md-yes-bank) YES BANK's Corporate Finance practice offers a combination of advisory services and customised products to optimise risk based on "Knowledge Arbitrage". This sector of banking can often be quite dangerous and borders on legal ambiguity.
Financial Marketing- The Financial Markets (FM) business model provides Risk Management solutions related to foreign currency and interest rate exposures of clients.
YES BANK awarded with ‘The Strongest Bank Balance Sheet in India’ by the Asian Banker Magazine.
YES BANK wins four awards at the 4th CMO Asia Awards for Branding & Marketing 2013.
- Business Standard (2012-02-21). "Mr Rana Kapoor, Yes Bank, MD & CEO, appointed as Senior VP of Assocham". Business-standard.com. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
- "Global Indian Banking | NRI Banking services – YES BANK". Yesbank.in. 2012-05-01. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
- "Business Banking for Small and Medium Enterprises – YES Bank". Yesbank.in. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
- "Bankers bid farewell to YES Bank head". Financialexpress.com. 2008-11-30. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Yes Bank takes off into next growth phase – launches version 2.0". Indiainfoline.com. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
- http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/yes-bank-not-to-hive-off-i-banking-arm/366774/ http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-02-20/news/31079657_1_net-interest-margins-savings-account-investment-banking
- http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/New-generation-banks-like-Yes-Bank-IndusInd-Bank-Kotak-Mahindra-Bank-gain-market-share-on-higher-rates/articleshow/13559255.cms http://www.mydigitalfc.com/banking/few-banks%E2%80%99-retail-deposit-rate-unchanged-even-after-rbi-cut-237