Yes Boss (film)
|Directed by||Aziz Mirza|
|Produced by||Ratan Jain
|Written by||Sanjay Chhel (dialogue)
Mangesh Kulkarni (screenplay)
Aziz Mirza (story)
|Music by||Jatin Lalit|
Thomas A. Xavier
|Edited by||Javed Sayyed|
|Distributed by||Venus Records & Tapes|
|July 18, 1997|
Yes Boss is a 1997 Bollywood romantic comedy film directed by Aziz Mirza and produced by Ratan Jain. It stars Shahrukh Khan, Juhi Chawla, and Aditya Pancholi in pivotal roles. The film was a success at the box office, and was declared a "Hit". It was one of the highest grossing films of the year. It was loosely inspired from the film For Love or Money. The film was remade in Tamil as Guru En Aalu with R. Madhavan, Abbas and Mamta Mohandas
The film is about Rahul (Shahrukh Khan), a middle class man, reveling in a job with extra earnings made by helping his boss deal with his multiple extra-marital affairs. His boss, Siddharth (Aditya Pancholi), is a lustful person who has deviously trapped a rich woman (Kashmira Shah) and married her to own her property.
Seema (Juhi Chawla) is an ambitious young woman and an aspiring model. Rahul and Seema meet but Siddharth is attracted to her and asks Rahul to help him trap her. A helpless Rahul does so. But deep somewhere, Rahul has a soft spot for Seema. Seema is impressed by Siddharth and is forced by him to act as Rahul's wife to fool Siddharth's wife. Seema slowly understands Rahul's purity of heart and begins liking him when they go to Switzerland for a shooting schedule.
But they face a problem. Rahul's mother (Reema Lagoo) is a heart patient and is sensitive to any shocking news. Bhushan (Gulshan Grover) uses Rahul and tells his mother that Rahul is married. To keep his mother happy, Rahul and Seema are forced to carry on the drama and they fall in love in the process.
When Siddharth learns the reality, he fires Rahul. True love triumphs as Seema decides to let a luxurious life go for true love.
- Shahrukh Khan ... Rahul Joshi
- Juhi Chawla ... Seema
- Aditya Pancholi ... Siddharth
- Kashmira Shah ... as Sheela, Siddarth's wife
- Ashok Saraf ... Johnny
- Gulshan Grover ... Bhushan
- Johnny Lever ... Madhav Advani aka Mr.Mad
- Reema Lagoo ... Rahul's mother
- Mahavir Shah ... as Advocate Shukla
- Rakesh Bedi ... as Watchman at Girls Hostel
- Anant Mahadevan ... as Doctor
- Amrit Patel ... as Mamaji
- Kulbhushan Kharbanda ... As Bade Papa
|Soundtrack album by Jatin-Lalit|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Venus Records & Tapes|
|1||"Main Koi Aisa Geet Gaoon"||Abhijeet, Alka Yagnik||05:11|
|2||"Choodi Baji Hai Kahin"||Udit Narayan, Alka Yagnik||05:05|
|5||"Jaata Hai Tu Kahan"||Abhijeet||05:35|
|6||"Ek Din Aap"||Kumar Sanu, Alka Yagnik||04:30|
- Best Male Playback Singer- Abhijeet - "Main Koi Aisa Geet Gaoon"
- Best Actor - Shahrukh Khan
- Best Actress - Juhi Chawla
- Best Music Director - Jatin-Lalit
- Best Lyricist - Javed Akhtar for "Chaand Taare"
- Filmfare Best Villain Award - Aditya Pancholi