Yeshivat Eretz HaTzvi
|Yeshivat Eretz HaTzvi|
|Yossi ben Yoezer 32
Katamon, Jerusalem 93301
|Number of students||54|
|Affiliation||Centrist Orthodox Judaism|
|Rashei Yeshiva||Rabbi Yehuda Susman and
Rabbi David Ebner
|Menahel||Rav Benny Pflanzer|
Rabbi David Ebner and Rabbi Yehuda Susman serve as the Rashei Yeshiva. Rav Ebner also serves as the Yeshiva's Mashgiach ruchani. The executive staff further consist of the Mankal (Director) of the Yeshiva Rav Benny Pflanzer, the SaMankal (Deputy Director) Rabbi Todd Berman and the associate director Rabbi Yitz Motzen. The Yeshiva's administrator is Mrs Shulamith T. Ebner.
The Yeshiva employs a total of 16 Rabbis, from a range of different backgrounds.
Rabbi Yehuda Susman, Rosh HaYeshiva
- Semicha Rabanut HaRashit L'Yisrael/RIETS, BA Computer Science, Philosophy, Yeshiva University.
Rabbi Dovid Ebner, Rosh Yeshiva & Mashgiach Ruchani
- Semicha RIETS, BA Sociology, MHL, Ph.D. Yeshiva University, ABD in Sociology, Fordam University.
Rabbi Benny Pflanzer, Director & Ra"m
- BSc, Engineering Michlala L'Minhal Yerushalayim, MA equiv. Education Machon Gavoha Merchavim, Yerushayim.
Rabbi Todd (Tuvia) Berman, Associate Director & Ra"m
- Semicha Yeshivat HaMivtar, Yeshivat Har Etzion, B.S. Computer Science Columbia University, Graduate Studies Jewish History, Harvard University
Rabbi Yitz Motzen, Associate Director
- Semicha RIETS, B.A. & M.Ed. Yeshiva University, Kerem B'yavneh
Rabbi Simcha Krauss, Senior Lecturer
- Semicha Yoreh Yoreh and Yadin Yadin from Yeshivas R" Chaim Berlin, BA City College, MA The New School of Social Research.
Rabbi Mordechai Friedman, Ra"m Talmud & Halacha
- Semicha RIETS, BA, MA Medieval Jewish History, Yeshiva University.
Rabbi Aviad Tabory, Ra"m Talmud, Halacha & Machshava
- Semicha Rabanut, BA Herzog College, Yeshivat Or Etzion, Yeshivat Har Etzion
Rabbi Itiel Oron, Ra"m Talmud & Tanach
- Semicha Rabanut HaRashit L'Yisrael B.Ed. & Teacher's Certification Herzog College, Har Etzion
Rabbi Zvi Grumet, Director Tanach Program
- Semicha RIETS, B.A. Brooklyn College, M.A., EdD Yeshiva University
Rabbi Alex Israel, Ram, Tanach and Machshava Programs
- Semicha Yeshivat Har Etzion, BA Computer Studies and Education, London University.
Rabbi Zev Gold, Halacha
- Semicha Rabanut HaRashit L'Yisrael/RIETS, BA Lifshitz, MA (pending) Hebrew U., Yeshivat Birkat Moshe.
Hakham Joseph Harari, Director Sephardic Studies Program
- Yeshivat Har Etzion
Rabbi Prof. Chemia Kleinman, Sho'el U'Meshiv
- Semicha RIETS, Yeshiva Torah Vodaas, PhD Theoretical Physics, NYU.
Prof. Aaron Katchen, Senior Lecturer, Jewish History
- B.A., PhD Harvard.
Rabbi Robert Lederman, Senior Lecturer, Hasidut
- Semicha, Rabbanut LBSc (Hons) Optometry
The student body is made up of students from all around the world. The yeshiva currently has students from America, Canada, England, Australia and South Africa. In the past the yeshiva has had students from different European countries such as Sweden, The Netherlands, and Monaco.
The student body is divided into a number of different shiurim (class-levels), based on level of proficieny. Each shiur has its own "Ram" (Rabbi). Additionally, Rabbi Simcha Krauss gives a shiur to the higher levels brought together once a week. Classes meet for one hour in the morning, followed by an hour and a half of group study to familiarize students with the sources, followed by another hour Shiur where the Ram goes over the sources in depth.
Afternoon seder has its own set of "Ramim" (Rabbis). There are separate sets of Rabbis for Halacha, Tanach and Machshava classes, although some of the Rabbis teach in multiple sedarim. Afternoon seder is split into two shiurim by a fifteen-minute break. The two shiurim are selected from a number of options during a shopping period at the beginning of each semester.
Night Seder and Kollel
Part of night seder includes learning with an Israeli chavruta. Students are encouraged to spend the rest of night seder pursuing independent projects in Jewish study by themselves or with other students. The Israelis are members of a kollel who live and learn in Eretz HaTzvi, although they attend university during the day. Night Seder is also supervised by Rabbi Zev Gold and David Gross.
Every spring, the school holds a week-long competition between the different shiurim in honor of Purim.
It is tradition for every student to give a brief talk to the entire student body once during the year. These talks are given twice a week, in the morning, so that each student should get a chance to speak at some point during the year.
Additional faculty and Shiurim
- There is a Zionism seminar taught by Rabbi Alex Israel as well as a pre colledge seminar taught by Rabbi Mordy Friedman.
- The Yeshiva employs an Av Bayit (dormitory head) and Eim Bayit (housemother), and four madrichim (counselors). The current Av and Em Bayit are Rami and Dvoranit Schwartz.
- Yeshivat Eretz Hatzvi
- Divrei Torah by Yeshiva Rabbis as featured on YUTorah Online
- Yeshiva University Guide to Israel Schools