Among programmers, yet another (often abbreviated ya, Ya or YA in the initial part of an acronym) is an idiomatic qualifier in the name of a computer program, organisation, or event that is confessedly unoriginal.
Stephen C. Johnson is credited with establishing the naming convention in the late 1970s when he named his compiler-compiler yacc (Yet Another Compiler-Compiler), since he felt there were already numerous compiler-compilers in circulation at the time.
- Yabasic – Yet another BASIC
- Yacc – Yet another compiler compiler
- Yacas – Yet another computer algebra system
- YafaRay – Yet another free Ray tracer
- YAFFS – Yet Another Flash File System
- Yahoo! – Yet another hierarchical, officious oracle
- YAHT – Yet Another Haskell Tutorial
- YAM – Yet Another Mailer, an email client
- yamdi – Yet Another MetaData Injector for FLV 
- YAML – Yet Another Markup Language. Later redefined to YAML Ain't Markup Language, making a recursive acronym
- Yandex – Yet another indexer, a web search engine and index
- YAP – Yet Another Previewer, document previewer
- YAP – Yet Another Prolog, an implementation of the Prolog programming language
- YAPC – Yet Another Perl Conference
- YARV – Yet Another Ruby VM
- Yasara – Yet Another Scientific Artificial Reality Application, a molecular modeling program
- YaST – Yet another Setup Tool, an operating system installation and configuration wizard for SUSE Linux distributions
- Y.A.S.U. – Yet Another SecuROM Utility
- Yate Yet Another Telephony Engine, VoIP software
- YAWL – Yet Another Workflow Language, a business process modeling language for diagramming workflow patterns
- Yaws – Yet another web server
- Yafc – Yet another FTP client
- YAAK – Yet Another Audio Kit
- YARN - Yet Another Resource Negotiator
- YAWLA – Yet Another Weight Loss App
- Tulsyan, Yash, ed. (25 June 2011). "Yet Another". Jargon File. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- Gurnitsky, Joanna. "What Does 'Yahoo' Stand For?". Internet for Beginners. About.com. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- "Sourceforge - Yet Another MetaData Injector for FLV".
- "What does "Yandex" mean?". Frequently Asked Questions. Yandex. Retrieved 28 July 2011.