Konoplyanka in 2012
|Full name||Yevhen Olegovych Konoplyanka|
|Date of birth||29 September 1989|
|Place of birth||Kirovohrad, Ukraine|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|2004–2005||Sports school 2 (Kirovohrad)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 March 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
Yevhen Olehovych Konoplyanka (Ukrainian: Євген Олегович Коноплянка; born 29 September 1989) is a Ukrainian footballer who plays for FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk in the Ukrainian Premier League and the Ukraine national team. His main position is left-sided winger.
A full international since 2010, Konoplyanka has earned over 35 caps for Ukraine, and scored 8 international goals. He played for Ukraine when they co-hosted Euro 2012.
At age seven, Konoplyanka signed up for a karate class, which he did simultaneously with football, eventually reaching black belt. He is a product of the youth system of FC Olimpik Kirovohrad, and coach Yuriy Kevlich. He also participated in the Ukrainian National Youth Competition, representing DYuSSh-2 Kirovohrad.
Konoplaynka's senior team debut came in an Ukrainian Premier League match on 26 August 2007 in a home game against Zakarpattia Uzhhorod which ended 0–0. Konoplyanka came on during the 83rd minute, replacing Jaba Kankava.
Konoplaynka's professional career greatly accelerated starting in 2010.
His first goal in the Ukrainian Premier League came 28 February 2010 in a home game against Zorya Luhansk which ended 2–2. In the second half of the 2009–10 season, Konoplyanka started and played the full 90 minutes in all of the remaining games.
In March 2011, Dynamo Kyiv interim coach Oleh Luzhny expressed his desire to see Konoplyanka in his ranks and the media reported that Dynamo would make an offer to Dnipro worth 14 million euro. In response, Dnipro coach Juande Ramos placed a sensational scare price-tag ranging from 50 to 60 million euro, commenting that "in order to build a great team, great players should play there."
Style of play
Konoplyanka is described as a versatile team player, with good vision, passing, pace, dribbling, and creativity.
Tactically, he plays a free attacking and occasionally a playmaking role. He is comfortable attacking on either wing or through the centre of the pitch. He began in a deeper role but he has found his best form as left winger in a flexible 4-3-3.
Konoplyanka made his international debut on 25 May 2010, playing the entirety of a 4–0 friendly win over Lithuania in Kharkiv. Four days later at the Arena Lviv, he scored the equaliser as Ukraine came from behind to defeat Romania 3–2 in another friendly.
In the Euro 2012 tournament Konoplyanka started in all three of Ukraine's matches and assisted Andriy Shevchenko's winning goal in the co-hosts' opening match against Sweden. Nonetheless, the team exited in the group stage.
On 11 September 2012, Konoplyanka scored a long-range goal in a 1–1 draw against England at Wembley Stadium in a 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier. The BBC said of his performance: "the tremendous Yevhen Konoplyanka delivered a masterful performance to dictate in midfield".
- As of 1 March 2015
- As of 12 October 2013
|Ukraine national team|
- As of 20 November 2013
|Konoplyanka – goals for Ukraine|
|1.||29 May 2010||Ukraina Stadium, Lviv, Ukraine||Romania||2–2||3–2||Friendly|
|2.||17 November 2010||Stade de Genève, Geneva, Switzerland||Switzerland||2–2||2–2||Friendly|
|3.||2 September 2011||Metalist Stadium, Kharkiv, Ukraine||Uruguay||2–1||2–3||Friendly|
|4.||11 November 2011||NSC Olympiyskiy Stadium, Kyiv, Ukraine||Germany||2–0||3–3||Friendly|
|5.||29 February 2012||HaMoshava Stadium, Petah Tikva, Israel||Israel||0–2||2–3||Friendly|
|6.||11 September 2012||Wembley, London, England||England||0–1||1–1||2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers|
|7.||7 June 2013||Podgorica City Stadium, Podgorica, Montenegro||Montenegro||0–2||0–4||2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers|
|8.||6 September 2013||Arena Lviv, Lviv, Ukraine||San Marino||5–0||9–0||2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers|
- Ukrainian Footballer of the Year: (3) 2010, 2012, 2013
- The most popular football player of Ukraine (IFFHS): 2012
- UEFA Europa League Team of the Year: 2012
- Ukrainian Premier League Footballer of the Year : 2013
- Коноплянка: "Всегда знал, что могу играть на этом уровне". Football.ua (in Russian). 23 April 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-06-08. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- Коноплянка: "Пока склоняюсь к тому, чтобы остаться в "Днепре"". Football.ua (in Russian). 24 April 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-06-08. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- Протокол матча. Чемпионат.ру (in Russian). 26 August 2007. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- Протокол матча. Чемпионат.ру (in Russian). 28 February 2010. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- Маркевич назвал первый состав. Football.ua (in Russian). 21 April 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-03-30. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- "Динамо" купить лідера "Дніпра" за 14 мільйонів євро?". ua-football.com. 28 March 2011.
- Хуанде Рамос: "Пятьдесят-шестьдесят миллионов евро – это была бы хорошая цена за Коноплянку". ua-football.com. 7 April 2011.
- "Liverpool fail in bid to sign £16m Ukraine forward Yevhen Konoplyanka". The Guardian. 1 February 2014. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- Ben Smith (11 September 2012). "Tom Cleverley given reality check on night of frustration for England". BBC Sport. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- Player Profile from ffu.org.ua
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yevhen Konoplyanka.|