|Full name||Yevhen Olegovych Konoplianka|
|Date of birth||29 September 1989|
|Place of birth||Kirovohrad, Ukraine|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Current club||Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk|
|2004-2005||Sports school 2 (Kirovohrad)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 December 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Yevhen Olehovych Konoplianka (Ukrainian: Євген Олегович Коноплянка; born 29 September 1989) is a Ukrainian football midfielder who plays for FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk in the Ukrainian Premier League and the Ukraine national team. His main position is left-sided forward, but he can also play as a right-sided forward and as a centre-forward.
At age seven, Konoplyanka signed up for a karate class, which he did simultaneously with football, eventually reaching black belt. He is a product of the youth system of FC Olimpik Kirovohrad, and coach Yuriy Kevlich. He also participated in the Ukrainian National Youth Competition, representing DYuSSh-2 Kirovohrad.
Konoplaynka's senior team debut came in an Ukrainian Premier League match on 26 August 2007 in a home game against Zakarpattia Uzhhorod which ended 0–0. Konoplyanka came on during the 83rd minute, replacing Jaba Kankava.
Konoplaynka's professional career greatly accelerated starting in 2010.
His first goal in the Ukrainian Premier League came 28 February 2010 in a home game against Zorya Luhansk which ended 2–2. In the second half of the 2009–10 season, Konoplyanka started and played the full 90 minutes in all of the remaining games.
In March 2011, Dynamo Kyiv interim coach Oleh Luzhny expressed his desire to see Konoplyanka in his ranks and the media reported that Dynamo would make an offer to Dnipro worth 14 million euro. In response, Dnipro coach Juande Ramos placed a sensational scare price-tag ranging from 50 to 60 million euro, commenting that "in order to build a great team, great players should play there."
Style of play
Konoplyanka is described as a versatile team player, with good vision, passing, pace, and creativity.
Tactically, Yevhen plays a free attacking and occasionally a playmaking role. He is comfortable attacking on either wing or through the centre of the pitch. He began in a deeper role but he has found his best form as left winger in a flexible 4-2-3-1.
On September 11, 2012, Konoplyanka scored a long range goal in a 1–1 draw against England at Wembley Stadium in a 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier. The BBC said of his performance: "the tremendous Yevhen Konoplyananka delivered a masterful performance to dictate in midfield".
|Konoplyanka – goals for Ukraine|
|1.||29 May 2010||Lviv, Ukraine||Romania||2–2||3–2||Friendly|
|2.||17 November 2010||Geneva, Switzerland||Switzerland||2–2||2–2||Friendly|
|3.||2 September 2011||Kharkiv, Ukraine||Uruguay||2–1||2–3||Friendly|
|4.||11 November 2011||Kyiv, Ukraine||Germany||2–0||3–3||Friendly|
|5.||29 February 2012||Petah Tikva, Israel||Israel||0–2||2–3||Friendly|
|6.||11 September 2012||London, United Kingdom||England||0–1||1–1||WC 2014 Qual|
|7.||7 June 2013||Podgorica, Montenegro||Montenegro||0–2||0–4||WC 2014 Qual|
|8.||6 September 2013||Lviv, Ukraine||San Marino||5–0||9–0||WC 2014 Qual|
- Ukrainian Footballer of the Year: (2) 2010, 2012
- The most popular football player of Ukraine (IFFHS): 2012
- UEFA Europa League Team of the Year: 2012
- As of 1 October 2013
- "Коноплянка: "Всегда знал, что могу играть на этом уровне"". Football.ua (in Russian). 23 April 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-06-08. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- "Коноплянка: "Пока склоняюсь к тому, чтобы остаться в "Днепре""". Football.ua (in Russian). 24 April 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-06-08. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- "Протокол матча". Чемпионат.ру (in Russian). 26 August 2007. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- "Протокол матча". Чемпионат.ру (in Russian). 28 February 2010. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- "Маркевич назвал первый состав". Football.ua (in Russian). 21 April 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-03-30. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- "Динамо" купить лідера "Дніпра" за 14 мільйонів євро?". ua-football.com. 28 March 2011.
- Хуанде Рамос: "Пятьдесят-шестьдесят миллионов евро – это была бы хорошая цена за Коноплянку". ua-football.com. 7 April 2011.
- Ben Smith (11 September 2012). "Tom Cleverley given reality check on night of frustration for England". BBC Sport. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- Player Profile from ffu.org.ua