Yevpatoria RT-70 radio telescope
||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Russian Wikipedia. (August 2011)|
|Yevpatoria RT-70 radio telescope|
70-m aerial P-2500 (RT-70 radio telescope) in Yevpatoria.
|Organization||Center for Deep Space Communications|
|Location||Yevpatoria, Crimea, Autonomous Republic of Crimea.|
|Wavelength||radio 5–300 GHz|
|Diameter||70 m (230 ft)|
|Collecting area||2,500 square metres (26,910 sq ft)|
The Yevpatoria RT-70 radio telescope (P-2500, RT-70) is an RT-70 radio telescope and planetary radar at the Center for Deep Space Communications, Yevpatoria, Crimea, Autonomous Republic of Crimea. In the scientific literature is often called Evpatoria Planetary Radar (EPR).
With its 70-meter antenna diameter, it is among the largest single dish radio telescopes in the world. It has an advantage in comparison with other large radio telescopes in the fact that the complex includes powerful transmitters that allow active space experiments. Powerful electromagnetic beams can be accurately targeted and the signals received can be analyzed. For this reason, the Yevpatoria RT-70 radio telescope is one of only two in the world that are able to transmit messages to extraterrestrial civilizations. Radio telescopes are highly sensitive detectors of signals from outer space.
- Venera 11 and Venera 12
- Venera 13, Venera 14, Venera 15, Venera 16
- Vega program
- Phobos program
- Fobos-Grunt (in 2011)
In 1999, 2001, 2003, 2008, transmit messages to extraterrestrial civilizations:
Radar studies of planets and asteroids
- 4179 Toutatis
- 6489 Golevka (the name 'Golevka' comes from the first few letters of the names of three observatories: GOL-EV-KA = GOLdstone-EVpatoria-KAshima).
- (33342) 1998 WT24
- (101955) 1999 RQ36
- National Space Facilities Control and Test Center
- Galenki RT-70 radio telescope at the Ussuriysk Astrophysical Observatory
- Suffa RT-70 radio telescope at the Suffa Radio Observatory
- Complex “Pluton-M” at Center for Deep Space Communications
- Радиотелескоп РТ-70 (П-2500) (Russian)
- National Space Facilities Control and Testing Center, Eupatoria
|This astronomy-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Ukrainian building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|