Yew Tee MRT Station
Yew Tee MRT Station
油池地铁站 (Yóuchí Dìtiězhàn)
Stesen MRT Yew Tee
A platform view of Yew Tee MRT station.
|Address||61 Choa Chu Kang Drive
|Opened||10 February 1996|
|Operator||SMRT Trains (SMRT Corporation)|
Yew Tee MRT Station (NS5) is an above-ground Mass Rapid Transit station on the North South Line in Singapore. The station is located in the northern part of Choa Chu Kang New Town, on the northwest side of Singapore. The station mainly serves the surrounding residential estates of Choa Chu Kang Neighbourhoods 5 to 7. The station is also utilised by workers from Sungei Kadut Industrial Estate.
The station was built in 1995, together with the other stations of the North South Line Woodlands Extension. The two-storey station building, with a simple facade and a kampung-style roof, was officially opened on 10 February 1996 along with the other five stations on the Woodlands Extension. During the construction of the Woodlands extension, land between the Yew Tee and Kranji MRT stations was acquired. Measuring a total of 18,685 m sq, affecting a total of 16 factories operating along the stretch.
Following numerous incidents of commuters falling on the tracks and unauthorized intrusions, the Land Transport Authority made the decision in 2008 to install half height platform screen doors for all above-ground stations in phases. The platform screen doors started operations at this station on 1 February 2012.
High volume, low speed (HVLS) fans
Station installed with Rite Hite Revolution High Volume, Low Speed (HVLS) fans and commenced operations on 27 November 2012 together with Kranji.
|L2||Platform A||North South Line towards NS1 EW24 Jurong East via NS4 BP1 Choa Chu Kang (→)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the right|
|Platform B||North South Line towards NS27 CE2 Marina Bay via NS7 Kranji (←)|
|L1||NSL Concourse||Faregates, Ticketing Machines, Station Control|
|Street Level||Yew Tee Point, Yew Tee Square|
- A: Yew Tee Residence, K-9 Dog Unit, Kranji Camp, Mowbray Camp, Yew Tee Park, Yew Tee Point, Yew Tee Square, Unity Sec Sch, Choa Chu Kang Bible Centre/ Hebron Bible Presbyterian Church, Choa Chu Kang NPC, De La Salle Pri Sch, Yew Tee CC
- B: Unity Sec Sch, Choa Chu Kang Street 62, Choa Chu Kang Drive, Regent Grove Condominium
- C: Choa Chu Kang Drive, Regent Grove Condominium, Choa Chu Kang Drive, Choa Chu Kang North 6, Kranji Pri Sch, Quintet Condominium, Regent Sec Sch, Stagmont Park, Windermere Condominium, Choa Chu Kang Sports Hall, Sports Stadium, Swimming Complex, Limbang Shopping Centre, Villa Verde, Yew Mei Green Condominium, Yew Tee Pri Sch
- D: Choa Chu Kang Bible Centre/ Hebron Bible Presbyterian Church, Choa Chu Kang NPC, De La Salle Pri Sch, Yew Tee CC, Choa Chu Kang Sports Hall, Sports Stadium, Swimming Complex, Limbang Shopping Centre, Villa Verde, Yew Mei Green Condominium, Yew Tee Pri Sch, Choa Chu Kang North 6
|Destination||First Train||Last Train|
|Mon – Sat||Sunday &
|North South Line|
|to NS1 Jurong East||5.37am||6.00am||12.46am|
|to NS27 Marina Bay||5.27am||5.46am||11.04pm|
|to NS19 Toa Payoh||–||–||11.40pm|
|to NS16 Ang Mo Kio||–||–||11.51pm|
|to NS10 Admiralty||–||–||12.39am|
- Thulaja, Naidu Ratnala (November 10, 2003). "Woodlands MRT line". National Library Board Singapore. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- Wong, Siew Ying (January 26, 2008). "Above-ground MRT stations to have platform screen doors by 2012". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
|This Singapore MRT-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|