Yinnar South, Victoria
Henry Collins set up his saw mill in Mill Road c. 1911 and built a tramline along Whitelaw's Track.
The town has a small church, approximately four metres by five metres, known as Holy Innocents. It was built in 1894 by James Mortan and painted by John Curtie. The church was licensed on 1 January 1895. Mortan built eight pews for the church as a gift; they remain in use. A small porch was later added to the building. The church is still in use today and is one of the smallest churches in Australia.
Yinnar South is well known for its prominent Dicksonia antarctica foliage.
The Yinnar South Community Hall is available for hire to members of the community.
The area of Yinnar South has a variety of sporting and recreation groups including a tennis club and a pony club. Yinnar South Tennis Club was established in 1927. It makes use of the two Albert Deppeler Memorial Tennis Courts in Yinnar South.
The Yinnar South Newsletter is a non-profit newsletter produced for the benefit of the residents of Yinnar South and district. It was first published in 1980 and is released monthly. Copies of the newsletter are distributed to local households while around fifty copies are available from the Yinnar General Store.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Yinnar South (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2010-09-19.
- Morwell Historical Society Snippets: Yinnar South School Retrieved on 2010-09-19
- Latrobe City Council. (2008). "Latrobe City Heritage Study. Volume 1: Thematic Environmental History", Sawmilling, p.23. Context Pty Ltd
- Latrobe City "Sustenance for the soul a key priority" Latrobe City Link: Exploring our living heritage, P.23, Issue 29, July 2004. Retrieved on 2010-09-19.
- Yinnar South Newsletter Article "Smallest Church in Australia?" P.1-10, Issue No.4, September 2007. Retrieved on 2010-09-19
- Yinnar South Newsletter Article "Yinnar South Community Hall" P.13, Issue No.4, September 2007. Retrieved on 2010-09-19
- Yinnar South Pony Club Information
- Yinnar South Newsletter Article "Yinnar South Tennis Club" P.13, Issue No.4, September 2007. Retrieved on 2010-09-19
- Yinnar South Newsletters Online Retrieved on 2010-09-19
- Yinnar South Newsletter Article "Newsletter Info" P.11, Issue No.3, July 2010. Retrieved on 2010-09-21