|Original author(s)||Matthew Pegula|
|Operating system||iOS 5.1 or later|
Yinztagram is a free photography mobile app for iOS that allows users to superimpose images of Pittsburgh landmarks in photos. The name "Yinztagram" is a portmanteau of yinz, a term from Pittsburghese, and Instagram, a popular photo application. The most recent version 1.2 was released on September 15, 2012.
The Pittsburgh landmarks available in the program include Rick Sebak, Dippy, and Primanti Brothers sandwiches. As part of the celebration of Rick Sebak's 25th year WQED, the PBS station worked with the owners of at Yinztagram to expand the offerings of Rick Sebak photos. The programmers are always taking requests for new landmarks.
The creator of the program, Matthew Pegula, is a programmer for Deeplocal, an East Liberty web design company Pegula began the project after his friend Drew Von Arx made jokes about Instagram and the possibility of adding Pittsburgh landmarks.
|“||There he is, like Lewis Carroll's ubiquitous Cheshire cat, grinning from huge bales of hops from the East End Brewing Co., lurking in a studio portrait of a guy and his cat or hurtling into the space between Mitt Romney's gesturing hands||”|
- Mackenzie Carpenter of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, describing the examples of Rick Sebak appearing in Yinztagram photos.
- "Yinztagram By Pegula". iTunes Store. Apple Inc. 2012. Archived from the original on December 15, 2012. Retrieved December 13, 2012.
- "Rick Sebak Celebrated 25 Years at WQED Pittsburgh". WQED. November 12, 2012. Retrieved December 13, 2012.
- Smit, Deb (August 29, 2012). "What's next for Yinztagram? The Pittsburgh parking chair perhaps?". PopCity Media. Retrieved December 13, 2012.
- Carpenter, Mackenzie (August 26, 2012). "Trending: Yinztagram, a new iPhone and iPad app, shows Pittsburgh pride". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved December 13, 2012.
- "Add ‘Burgh Landmarks To Your Pictures With ‘Yinztagram’ App". KDKA-TV. August 27, 2012. Retrieved December 13, 2012.
- "Add a little Pittsburgh to your pictures with Yinztagram app". WTAE-TV. Aug 21, 2012. Retrieved December 13, 2012.