Ynyslas Sand Dunes
Ynyslas Sand Dunes are sand dunes located in Ceredigion, Wales. They border Cardigan Bay and the Dyfi Estuary between Ynyslas, Ceredigion and Aberdyfi, Gwynedd. The sand dunes are part of the Dyfi National Nature Reserve.
The Viviparous lizard, stoats, polecats, rabbits and voles can be found in the dunes. Skylark and Meadow Pipit can be seen and heard over the dunes together with Ringed Plover. Various butterflies and moths can be found here, including the Dark Green Fritillary and Gatekeeper butterflies and Scarlet Tiger and Portland moth.
There are waymarked boardwalk trails through the dunes where Marsh and Bee Orchids flower during the early summer.
The visitor centre (open Easter to September) contains further information about the plants and wildlife of the area.
- www.geograph.co.uk : photos of Ynyslas Sand Dunes and surrounding area
- BBC Wales - Ynyslas Sand Dunes 12 March 2008
- Countryside Council for Wales - Return of the Sand Lizards
- Ynyslas Dunes & Nature Reserve 12 March 2008
- "Welsh dunes' star role on BBC One". BBC News. 2006-09-26. Retrieved 2008-09-05.
|This Ceredigion location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|