Arquin playing for Notts County in 2012
|Full name||Yoann Axel Cyriac Arquin|
|Date of birth||15 April 1988|
|Place of birth||Le Havre, France|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in)|
|2010–2011||Red Star 93||11||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:46, 17 September 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
After enjoying a successful trial in the summer of 2011, Arquin joined Hereford United on a free transfer on 25 July 2011. Arquin scored his first goal for Hereford on 9 August, in a first round League Cup victory against Brentford. People have compared Arquin to former Reading striker Mathieu Manset a former Hereford prospect.
After leaving Hereford in the summer, Arquin became Notts County's 8th signing in preparation for the 2012–13 season on 11 July 2012. He signed a one-year contract, with the option to an extra 12 months. He scored his first goal in the 2–2 friendly against rivals Nottingham Forest on 7 August 2012. He made his competitive debut for Notts County in the Capital One League Cup game against Bradford City. In his league debut Arquin scored to make it 2–0 against Crewe but minutes later got sent off for kicking out at Ashley Westwood. Arquin made his return to league action against Shrewsbury Town where his superb run set up Lee Hughes to score the winning goal. He then scored a brace in a 3–0 win over Portsmouth. Arquin scored his fourth goal for the club against Coventry with a fine curling effort to put his team 2–0 up. After going over 5 games without a goal, Arquin finally scored his ninth goal for the club in a 3–1 win over Colchester after he headed in from a corner. He finished the 2012–13 season as Notts County's top goalscorer picking up the Golden Boot award at the end of season ceremony. Arquin also picked up the goal of the season award for his stunning volley against Rotherham.
Arquin scored his first goal of the 2013–14 season in a 4–2 defeat to Peterborough United. In the next game to Walsall, he came of the bench and headed in Alan Sheehan's cross to equalise the scores. The match finished 1–1 and secured Notts County's first point of the season. On 27 August 2013, he scored a header against Liverpool in a 4–2 defeat at Anfield in the League Cup.
On 15 January 2014, Arquin joined Scottish club Ross County on a 1 year contract. He scored a goal on his debut in a home match against Dundee United on 18 January 2014, in what was a 3–0 win for the hosts.
Style of Play
Arquin is a strong player known to be good in the air and comfortable using both feet. Notts County defender Dean Leacock likened Arquin to Nicolas Anelka. "A lot of us call him Anelka because he's got so much skill – and he's quite stroppy too!".
- "Professional retain lists & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. May 2013. p. 4. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- "Hereford United net ex-Red Star 93 striker Yoann Arquin". BBC Sport. 2011-07-25. Retrieved 2011-07-25.
- Hereford Times Carling Cup Match Report, Herreford versus Brentford, Arquin's first goal
- "Match report: Notts County 2 Nottingham Forest 2". Nottingham Post. 2012-08-08. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
- "Crewe 1 Notts County 2". BBC Sport. 2012-08-18. Retrieved 2012-08-18.
- "Notts County 3 Portsmouth 0". BBC Sport. 2012-09-22. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- "Coventry 1 Notts County 2". BBC Sport. 2012-10-20. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- "Notts County 3 Colchester 1". BBC Sport. 2013-04-13. Retrieved 2013-04-13.
- "Liddle Sweeps Up At Awards Night". Notts County Official Site. 1 May 2013. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- "Walsall 1 Notts County 1". BBC Sport. 2013-08-17. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "Sturridge and Henderson seal it for Rodgers' men against League One side". Daily Mail. 28 August 2013. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- "Yoann Arquin Joins Ross County". Ross County FC. 15 January 2014.
- Thomson, Andrew (18 January 2014). "Ross County 3-0 Dundee Utd". BBC Sport. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "'Yoann Arquin is Notts County's Nicolas Anelka' says Leacock". Nottingham Post. 2012-09-26. Retrieved 2012-09-26.