From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up yod in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Yod may refer to:
- Yod (astrology), an astrological aspect formation
- YOD, IATA airport code for CFB Cold Lake, a Canadian Forces Base in Cold Lake, Alberta
- Father Yod (1922–1975), alias of James Edward Baker, musician and spiritual leader
- Year of the Dolphin, a 2007 observance by the United Nations Environment Programme to promote agreements on dolphin conservation
- Palatal approximant, a consonant sound in many spoken languages, including the "y-sound" in English words such as you; IPA /j/
- Yod-dropping and yod-coalescence, the elision or change of /j/ in some English consonant cluster reductions
- Yad, the Jewish religious pointing device
- Yodh, the tenth letter in many Semitic alphabets, including Phoenician, Hebrew, and Aramaic
- Ecstatic yod, a record label run by music critic Byron Coley
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.