Yodels are frosted, cream-filled cakes made by the Drake's company, which is currently owned by McKee Foods after former owner Old HB went bankrupt. Yodels were distributed on the east coast of the United States. They were similar to Ho Hos from Hostess or Swiss Rolls from Little Debbie.
Each plastic package of Yodels contains three cakes, totaling 440 calories and three grams of saturated fat. Yodels are also sold in boxes containing five or eight individually wrapped pairs of cakes (a total of ten or 16). Formerly Yodels used a different formula, with thicker, denser cake and came packaged in foil. This was changed by the late 80s to the current recipe and packaging.
In the sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond, Yodels are shared by the characters Ray Barone and Robert Barone in Ray's childhood bedroom after Robert was gored by a bull in the line of duty. They are also a favourite of character Doug Heffernan on the show King of Queens.
They are named as the preferred food source of the character Jeri in the comic strip PreTeena. In the episode "The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons" of The Simpsons, Homer Simpson is forced to choose between buying a Yodel or a winning lottery ticket. He ultimately chooses the Yodel.
- FOXNews.com - No More Yodels? - Neil Cavuto | Your World
- FOXNews.com - Common Sense: Butt Out, Washington! - Neil Cavuto | Your World
- FOXNews.com - Losing Our Guts? - Neil Cavuto | Your World
- FOXNews.com - Free Tip for Democrats - Neil Cavuto | Your World
- FOXNews.com - Look Who's Coming to Dinner - Neil Cavuto | Your World
- FOXNews.com - Trying to Make Sense of It All - Neil Cavuto | Your World
- FOXNews.com - Tips for CEOs - Neil Cavuto | Your World
- The King of Queens: Lush Life - TV.com
- The King of Queens: Offensive Fowl - TV.com
- Oct. 24, 2010