|Full name||Yohan Benalouane|
|Date of birth||28 March 1987|
|Place of birth||Bagnols-sur-Cèze, France|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
(on loan from Parma)
|2000–2001||Racing Blondel Bollène|
|2012–2013||→ Parma (loan)||21||(1)|
|2014||→ Atalanta (loan)||17||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 8 February 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
After a particularly poor performance in a 2-0 loss against Bologna in December 2010, Benalouane was substituted. On leaving the pitch, and being jeered by Cesena supporters, he stormed past the bench and headed straight down the tunnel. He later publicly apologised for his behaviour.
In the summer of 2012 Benalouane was loaned to Parma, making his move permanent in July 2013. He signed a five-year contract with the Serie A outfit. On 3 January 2014, he joined Atalanta on a loan deal.
Benalouane was eligible to either France (by place of birth) or Tunisia (his parent came from). Despite played once for France under 21 team, he submitted a transfer request to represent Tunisia senior side in 2010. However despite he received a call-up against Chad in African Cup of Nations qualifier, he missed the game because he failed vaccination prior the travel to Chad. In October he refused to join Tunisia for the match against Togo, which he expected to receive call-up from Laurent Blanc instead. However, FIFA warned Benalouane that as the paperwork had completed, he could represent Tunisia only, refuse to show up may risk a ban in club football. Benalouane refused another call-up in August 2013.
- "Mercato: vicini i Riski; Benalouane si scusa". La Gazzetta dello Sport. 7 December 2010. p. 6.
- "Cesena, Benalouane: "Chiedo scusa a tutti"" [Cesena, Benalouane: "I apologise to everyone"]. Tutto Mercato Web (in Italian). 6 December 2010. Retrieved 10 February 2011.
- "Leonardi: Paletta Costs 35 Millions. Benalouane signed a five year contract". Parma FC. 17 July 2013. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "Yohan Benalouane on loan to Atalanta". Parma FC. 3 January 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- La Presse de Tunisie (French)
- [dead link]
- "Tunisie : Yohan Benalouane aurait décliné la convocation de Maâloul" (in French). Global Net. 1 August 2013. Retrieved 15 November 2013.