Yokosuka Research Park
Yokosuka Research Park (YRP) is an area in Yokosuka City, Japan, where many of the wireless, mobile communications related companies have set up their research and development centers and joint testing facilities.
YRP was constructed during the 1990s near to NTT's Yokosuka Research & Development Center.
- July, 1987: The YRP Planning Group was established
- March, 1994: The "Infrastructure Construction" Project was started
- October, 1997: No. 1, No. 2 and Life Support Buildings were completed
Major companies based in the park
- NTT Docomo
- Panasonic Mobile Communications
- Oki Electric Industry
- Hitachi Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Sharp Corporation
- Texas Instruments
- Sony Ericsson
- National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT), Japan
Major buildings and facilities
- YRP Centers Nos. 1, 2 and 3
- YRP Venture Building
- YRP Bldg. No 5 (Fujitsu)
- NTT Yokosuka R&D Center
- Optowave Laboratory
- NTT Docomo R&D Center
- Panasonic Mobile Communications' YRP Laboratory
- Yokosuka ITS Research Center
- NEC's YRP Technical Center
- Cafeterias: Roseteria 1 and 2
- Dormitory for Singles
- The Hotel YRP
- Mobile Communications Testing Facilities
YRP is located in Hikari no Oka, Yokosuka City, about 90 minutes by train from central Tokyo. It is served by YRP Nobi Station on the Keikyu Kurihama Line, with direct services from Shinagawa in Tokyo.
- Kansai Science City, Japan
- Silicon Valley, U.S.A.
- Zhongguancun, High Tech Zones and Software Parks (such as Dalian Software Park), China
- List of technology centers of the World