After studies in Educational psychology at the University of Quito, she became involved in environmental issues. She was a founder of the Fundación Natura in Quito and was its executive director from 1979 to 1990. At the Rio Earth Summit, she acted as NGO liaison. In 1993, she was a founder of the Fundación Futuro Latinoamericano (www.ffla.net) and served until 2006 as the executive president of this NGO. From August 1998 to January 2000, she served as Minister of Environment in the government of Ecuador. From 1996 to 2004, she was president of the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and since January 2010, she has been president of the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF).
- Education Without Borders: Yolanda Kakabadse. URL retrieved 2011-01-24.
- Goga Khachidze Met President of WWF International Yolanda Kakabadse
- TEEB: Yolanda Kakabadse. URl retrieved 2011-01-24.
- Fundación Futuro Latinoamericano (www.ffla.net)
- WWF: Presidents past and present: Yolanda Kakabadse. URl retrieved 2011-01-24.
- Holcim Foundation: Board: Yolanda Kakabadse. URL retrieved 2011-01-24.
|This Ecuadorian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|