Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
|Part of a series on|
Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche (//; born 1975) is a teacher and master of the Karma Kagyu and Nyingma lineages of Tibetan Buddhism. He has authored two best-selling books and oversees the Tergar Meditation Community, a global network of Buddhist meditation centers.
Mingyur Rinpoche was born in Nepal in 1975 the youngest of six brothers. From the age of nine, his father, Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche, taught him meditation, passing on to him the most essential instructions of the Dzogchen and Mahamudra traditions.
At the age of eleven, Mingyur Rinpoche began studies at Sherab Ling Monastery in northern India, the seat of Tai Situ Rinpoche. Two years later, Mingyur Rinpoche began a traditional three-year retreat at Sherab Ling. At age twenty, Mingyur Rinpoche became the functioning abbot of Sherab Ling. At twenty-three, he received full monastic ordination. During this time, Mingyur Rinpoche received important Dzogchen transmissions from Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
In 2007, Rinpoche completed the construction of Tergar Monastery in Bodhgaya, India, which will serve large numbers of people attending Buddhist events at this sacred pilgrimage site, serve as an annual site for month-long Karma Kagyu scholastic debates, and serve as an international study institute for the Sangha and laity. The institute will also have a medical clinic for local people. 
In June 2011, Mingyur Rinpoche left his monastery in Bodhgaya to begin a period of extended retreat, which will last at least three years. Instead of staying in isolation, as he did in his early years of retreat, for this period he will be wandering from place to place without any fixed plans or agenda. Rinpoche left a farewell letter before departing from his monastery.
- The Joy of Living: Unlocking the Secret and Science of Happiness (with Eric Swanson), ISBN 0-307-34625-0, Harmony Books
- Joyful Wisdom: Embracing Change and Finding Freedom (with Eric Swanson), ISBN 978-0-307-40779-5, Harmony Books
- Ziji: The Puppy Who Learned to Meditate
- Turning Confusion into Clarity: A Guide to the Foundation Practices of Tibetan Buddhism (with Helen Tworkov) ISBN 978-1-61180-121-7, to be published in May 2014 by Shambhala Publications under its Snow Lion imprint.
- Mingyur Rinpoche Bio
- The Young Monks of Tergar Monastery
- "Kathmandu Tergar Osel Ling Monastery". Tergar.org. Retrieved May 29, 2013.
- Tergar International: Letter from Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche When Entering Retreat | Tergar International
- Official biography of Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
- Tergar, the International Community of Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
- Mingyur Rinpoche's Foundation
- Mingyur Rinpoche's centre in the UK
- Mingyur Rinpoche's Center in Phoenix, Arizona
- Mingyur Rinpoche's centre in Northern California
- Mingyur Rinpoche's Official website in Indonesia