Yongzhou courthouse shooting
The Yongzhou courthouse shooting (Hanzi: 永州法院枪击案) occurred on 1 June 2010 when 46-year-old Zhu Jun (朱军), armed with a submachine gun and 2 other weapons, entered the Lingling District People's Court (零陵区法院) in Yongzhou, Hunan and randomly killed 3 judicial workers who happened to be at work at an office on the 4th floor.
On 1 June 2010 just before 10:00am, Zhu Jun (朱军) entered the courthouse and randomly shot at people. The attack resulted in 3 deaths (presiding judge Zhao Hulin, deputy chief judge Jiang Qidong, and court clerk Huang Lan) and 3 injured persons. The victims were not discussing the case of the assailant. Zhu killed himself after the incident.
Zhu worked as the head of security at the Lingling District post office, and had obtained the weapons from post office security personnel by pretending that he needed to take them to be examined.
News of the attack was subject to internet censorship in the People's Republic of China. The Chinese Government ordered the major news portals to remove mentions of the incident, citing fear of copycat crime. For example, Baidu's Zhidao page on the incident was taken down.
- "Three judges shot dead at a court in Hunan, China". BBC News. 1 June 2010.
- "朱军[永州枪击案凶手]" (in Chinese). hudong. Retrieved 2011.
- "Man Kills 3 Judges, Himself In China Court". Associated Press. June 1, 2010.
- Liu, Tony (2010-06-01). "Man Shoots Himself after Killing Three Court Workers". The Economic Observer Online.
- "湖南永州法院枪击案四死三伤 嫌犯携带三支枪". 财经网. 2010-06-01.
- Wong, Gillian (June 1, 2010). "Man kills 3 judges, himself in China court". Associated Press/MSNBC.
- Jacobs, Andrew (June 1, 2010). "Fatal Shooting at Chinese Courthouse". New York Times.
- "Man guns down three judges, kills himself". Xinhua/Associated Press/China Daily. 2010-06-02.
- Jacobs, Andrew (June 1, 2010). "Bank Guard Kills 3 at Chinese Courthouse". New York Times.
- 湖南永州法院枪击案四死三伤嫌犯携带三支枪 百度知道
|This China-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|