Yoo In-na in April 2012
June 5, 1982 |
|Revised Romanization||Yu In-na|
Yoo In-na (born June 5, 1982) is a South Korean actress. After supporting roles in High Kick Through the Roof (2009) and Secret Garden (2010), she rose to fame as the lead actress in Queen In-hyun's Man (2012). Yoo is also the DJ of the highly rated radio program Let's Crank Up the Volume.
At the age of 16, Yoo In-na joined an entertainment agency as an apprentice singer in 1998, and even came close to joining a girl group at one point. But 11 years and five different agencies later, she was unsuccessful at breaking out. Yoo said she had difficulty memorizing the dance choreography required of K-pop singers, and after practicing her dance moves for eight hours a day, six days a week, she called it quits.
In 2006, Yoo joined YG Entertainment as an aspiring actress. She said, "If singing wasn't meant to be, I decided to give acting a go because it seemed fun. I never gave up. A lot of my friends did, though, even though they were prettier and more capable than me." Her big break came in 2009 with the popular daytime sitcom High Kick Through the Roof on MBC. Several supporting roles followed, notably as the heroine's perky best friend in 2010 SBS drama Secret Garden which won her Best New Actress at the Baeksang Arts Awards.
She was an MC for Night of TV Entertainment from March 3, 2011 to June 4, 2012, for which she won Best Variety Entertainer at the SBS Entertainment Awards. She is currently a DJ for KBS Cool FM's Let's Crank Up the Volume, which is the highest-rated radio program in its timeslot across both AM and FM bandwidths.
Having trained for years hoping to become a singer before her acting debut, Yoo's vocals was featured in Humming Urban Stereo's 2011 digital single "You, That Day" (넌 그날). She also sang for the soundtrack of her 2011 film My Black Mini Dress alongside her castmates Yoon Eun-hye, Park Han-byul, and Cha Ye-ryun. Their chick flick is about the lives of four twentysomething friends as they juggle life, love and work.
In 2012 Yoo starred in her first leading role in the tvN series Queen In-hyun's Man. The plot of the cable drama centers around obscure actress Choi Hee-jin, played by Yoo, who falls in love with time-traveling scholar Kim Boong-do (Ji Hyun-woo) from the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) who jumped 300 years to the 21st century.
Yoo was cast in her first big-screen leading role in the melodrama Pure Couple, which began filming in December 2012. She next starred as part of the ensemble cast in 2013 family drama You're the Best, Lee Soon-shin.
At a June 7, 2012 fan meeting to mark the end of Queen In-hyun's Man, Ji Hyun-woo made a surprise public declaration that he was in love with co-star Yoo In-na, shocking fans and press alike. This sparked a media frenzy in the following days, during which their agencies remained mum on the issue and the two stars lay low, except for a reassuring message to his fans that Ji posted on Twitter on June 11. Speculation about their relationship status ended on June 17, when gossip website Sportsseoul.com photographed the couple together on a midnight date at a park in Bundang, Gyeonggi, where Yoo lives. The next day on June 18, Yoo confirmed on her radio show that they are officially dating.
|2009||High Kick Through the Roof||Yoo In-na||MBC|
|2010||Secret Garden||Im Ah-young||SBS|
|2011||The Greatest Love||Kang Se-ri||MBC|
|Birdie Buddy||Lee Gong-sook||tvN|
|2012||Queen In-hyun's Man||Choi Hee-jin||tvN|
|2013||You're the Best, Lee Soon-shin||Lee Yoo-shin||KBS2|
|2013||Man from the Stars||Yoo Se Mi||SBS|
|2010||The Fair Love||Jin-hee|
|2011||My Black Mini Dress||Min-hee|
|2012||Love Fiction||Soo-jung / Kyung-sook|
Variety and radio show
|2011-2012||Night of TV Entertainment||MC||SBS|
|2011–present||Yoo In-na's Let’s Crank Up the Volume||DJ||KBS 2FM|
|2010||"Tell Me Goodbye"||Big Bang|
|"In My Head"||Brian Joo|
|2011||"You, That Day"||Humming Urban Stereo|
|2011||"You, That Day"||Humming Urban Stereo feat. Yoo In-na||That Day single|
|"My Black Mini Dress"||Yoon Eun-hye, Park Han-byul, Cha Ye-ryun and Yoo In-na||My Black Mini Dress OST|
Awards and nominations
|2011||1st Olleh-Lotte Smartphone Film Festival||Special Award (with Narsha)||Uninvited Guest||Won|
|47th Baeksang Arts Awards||Best New Actress in TV||Secret Garden||Won|
|SBS Entertainment Awards||Best Entertainer Award in Show/Variety||Night of TV Entertainment||Won|
|MBC Drama Awards||Best New Actress in a Miniseries||The Greatest Love||Nominated|
|2012||1st K-Drama Star Awards||Rising Star Award||Queen In-hyun's Man||Won|
- "For Actress Yoo In-na, 'Wobbles' Are Just Part of Finding the Way". The Chosun Ilbo. 8 June 2013. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- Wee, Geun-woo (19 March 2010). "INTERVIEW: High Kick 2 Actress Yoo In-na". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Ko, Hong-ju (8 June 2012). "Did Yoo In Na Time Her Departure from One Night?". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Lee, Nancy (31 December 2011). "Yoo Jae Suk Wins Big, Winners from 2011 SBS Entertainment Awards". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (19 February 2013). "Yoo In Na Becomes Queen of the Radio with #1 Radio Show". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- Kim, Ji-eun (28 June 2011). "9 rising 'It' stars in Korean entertainment". CNN Go. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Lee, Hyo-won (1 March 2011). "It actresses portray growing pains in chick flick". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2013-03-07.
- Kim, Heidi (16 February 2011). "Actress Yoon Eun-hye's new film to premiere in March". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Sunwoo, Carla (15 March 2012). "Yoo In-na cast in the new tvN drama alongside Ji Hyun-woo". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Lee, Jin-ho (14 March 2012). "Yoo In Na Grabs First Lead Role in Queen In Hyun's Man". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Ho, Stewart (7 June 2012). "Yoo In Na Kisses and Tells While Reflecting on Queen In Hyun's Man". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Im, Ju-ri (18 June 2012). "Yoo In-na triumphs in her first starring dramatic role". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Ho, Stewart (16 October 2012). "Yoo In Na Cast in Her First Starring Movie Role for Pure Man, Woman". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (8 June 2012). "Ji Hyun Woo Drops Bombshell Love Confession to Yoo In Na". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Sunwoo, Carla (9 June 2012). "Television romance moves off screen". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Lee, In-kyung (8 June 2012). "Ji Hyun Woo′s Ideal Type Was Similar to Yoo In Na". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Kim, Ji-yeon (8 June 2012). "The Signs Ji Hyun Woo was In Love with Yoo In Na". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (17 June 2012). "The Truth Behind Yoo In Na's Feelings Towards Ji Hyun Woo". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Ho, Stewart (18 June 2012). "Was Yoo In Na Lip-Synching A Proposal Song to Ji Hyun Woo on Her Radio Show?". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (11 June 2012). "Ji Hyun Woo's Brother Says He's in Contact with the MIA Actor". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Sunwoo, Carla (12 June 2012). "Ji Hyun-woo is not in hiding, he just can't be spotted". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (12 June 2012). "Ji Hyun Woo Tells Fans He’s Alive and Well". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Sunwoo, Carla (13 June 2012). "Ji Hyun-woo explains his love confession". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Park, Hyun-min (18 June 2012). "Ji Hyun Woo and Yoo In Na Are a Couple". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Sunwoo, Carla (19 June 2012). "Yoo In-na to tell her side of love story". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (19 June 2012). "Yoo In Na Declares Ji Hyun Woo to be Her Man". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Suk, Monica (19 June 2012). "Yoo In-na admits relationship with Ji Hyun-woo on radio". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Sunwoo, Carla (20 June 2012). "Yoo In-na says she likes him back". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Lee, Hyo-won (23 February 2011). "KoreaToday: Smartphones democratize cinema". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Lee, Jun-hyeun (10 December 2012). "Yoon Jin Yi, Yoo In Na, and Oh Yeon Seo at '2012 K-DRAMA STAR AWARDS'". StarN News. Retrieved 2013-02-23.