||York Capitals (2012–present)
||York City Ice Arena (2013–present)
||Navy Blue, Red, White, Silver
The York Capitals are a professional indoor football team based in York, Pennsylvania. The Capitals joined American Indoor Football in 2012 as an expansion team for the 2013 season. Home games are played at the York City Ice Arena.
The team's name refers to the city's colonial heritage, with the Continental Congress having completed the final draft of the Articles of Confederation while it met in York during ten months of the Revolutionary War. York is thus considered one of the first capitals of the United States.
The team introduced its first four players during a news conference on December 5, 2012:
- Rafael Cooper – running back
- Thomas Potts – linebacker
- Archie Smith – defensive back, wide receiver
- Keith Stokes;– wide receiver
On July 15, 2014, it was announced that Isaac Carn had purchased the Capitals from Jim Morris. Carn also named himself the team's new head coach.
- ^ Adams, Cecil (December 10, 2004). "The Straight Dope: York, Pennsylvania: First capital of the United States?". The Straight Dope. Sun-Times Media. Retrieved December 11, 2012.
- ^ Walk, John (December 6, 2012). "York Capitals introduce their first four players". York Dispatch. Retrieved December 10, 2012.
- ^ Jason Bristol (July 15, 2014). "New owner, coach for York Captials". www.local21news.com. WHP CBS 21 News. Retrieved July 18, 2014.