Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital
|Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital|
|Location||Richmond Hill, York Region, Ontario, Canada|
|Care system||Public Medicare (Canada) (OHIP)|
|Lists||Hospitals in Canada|
Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital was founded in 1963 in Vaughan Township as York Central Hospital, close to the suburb of Richmond Hill, and incorporated into Richmond Hill following the amalgamation of the Town in 1973. Funded by both local donations and public money, the hospital opened less than a half mile from the old commercial downtown of Richmond Hill. Since its inception, the hospital has undergone several expansions to cope with the rapid population growth of Richmond Hill, the latest of which was completed in 2009. In 2012, in conjunction with managing the construction of a new hospital in Vaughan and to grow health care services in the area, the hospital was renamed Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital.
In 2003, a patient at the hospital contracted Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) from a transferred patient from another hospital in Toronto, which prompted the closing of both the hospital and the nearby Alexander Mackenzie High School.
The Hospital occupies four adjoining buildings in central Richmond Hill, with a total of five floors in each building.
- A Wing - The southernmost building contains the Centre for Continuing Care and Rehabilitation (CCCR).
- B Wing - Douglas Storm building
- C Wing - Langstaff building, Main entrance
- D Wing - The newest building is the Town of Richmond Hill Wing. This building contains the Emergency Room, the ICU and the Main Dialysis unit.
The Vaughan Satellite Dialysis Unit of Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital's Regional Dialysis Program is located at 9401 Jane Street. Patients referred to this unit must be medically able to receive dialysis away from the hospital and find this location more convenient. The unit consists of 33-station renal dialysis units, including a nephrology out-patient clinic.
Current plans include a new $80 million building in Vaughan. The proposed hospital site is at Major Mackenzie Drive on the east side of Highway 400.
- Ambulatory Care Services
- Continuing Care Program
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Emergency Medicine Program
- Laboratory Medicine
- Long Term Care
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Medicine Program
- Mental Health Program
- Rehabilitation Services
- Surgery Program
- Woman and Child Program
- York Region Dialysis Program
Local Health Integration Network
Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital is part of the Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) Hospital Partnerships. Other LHIN centres include:
- Erie St. Clair LHIN
- Southlake Regional Health Centre (York County Hospital)
- Markham Stouffville Hospital (and Uxbridge Cottage Hospital)
- North York General Hospital
- Bloorview Macmillan Children’s Centre
- Humber River Regional Hospital
- St. John’s Rehabilitation Hospital
- Stevenson Memorial Hospital (Alliston)
- Shouldice Hospital
- "Rebranding essential for future of health care in York". Mackenzie Health. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
||Southlake Regional Health Centre|
|Markham Stouffville Hospital|
|Humber River Regional Hospital||North York General Hospital||The Scarborough Hospital|