|Founded||26 October 1986|
|Ceased operation||September 1995|
In August 1990, the York businesses of Reynard Buses, Target Travel and York City & District were purchased. On 15 April 1994, Yorkshire Rider was purchased by Badgerline. It was included in the 16 June 1995 merger of Badgerline with GRT Group to form FirstBus.
In September 1995, Yorkshire Rider was split into separate divisions:
- Bradford Traveller: covering Bradford with a depot at Bowling Back Lane
- Calderline: covering Halifax and Calderdale with depots in Halifax and Todmorden
- Kingfisher Huddersfield: covering Kirklees with a depot at Old Fieldhouse Lane
- Leeds City Link: covering the Leeds area with depots in Bramley, Hunslet and Cherry Row
In February 1998 all were renamed as First Bradford, First Calderdale, First Huddersfield and First Leeds as part of the rollout of the FirstGroup brand. Today these operate as First West Yorkshire and First York.
The Yorkshire Rider Social Club still exists in Leeds but no longer has formal connection with any bus operator. It also no longer receives any financial subsidy from such. It is one of the few remaining buildings where the Yorkshire Rider logo is still on display.
- Companies House extract company no 1990370 First West Yorkshire Limited formerly Yorkshire Rider Limited formerly West Yorkshire Transport Company Limited
- West Yorks routes taken over by Rider Commercial Motor 4 October 1986 page 16
- Yorkshire's riding high Commercial Motor 3 November 1988 page 19
- Power to the People Commercial Motor pages 24-26
- Part 3 - 1986 to 1990 Yorkshire Rider the early days West Yorkshire Buses
- WYRC in takeover deal Commercial Motor 27 July 1989 page 16
- Rider takes control Commercial Motor 26 July 1990 page 19
- Badgerline links with GRT The Independent 5 April 1995
- Link-up creates second largest bus group: GRT and Badgerline in agreed £265m merger Herald Scotland 5 April 1995
- Part 4 - 1991 to 1994 Rider Group expansion West Yorkshire Buses
- Part 5 - 1995 to 1997 Badgerline & FirstBus, new names, new liveries West Yorkshire Buses
- Part 6 - 1997 to 1999 The early Metrobus era West Yorkshire Buses
- Yorkshire Rider Social Club Leeds Social Clubs