Yorkville is an unincorporated community in York Township, Dearborn County, Indiana.
Yorkville was laid out in 1841. It took its name from York Township.
Yorkville contained a post office between 1845 and 1955.
Yorkville is located at 39°12′16″N 84°58′03″W / 39.20444°N 84.96750°W.
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ Shaw, Archibald (1915). History of Dearborn County, Indiana: Her People, Industries and Institutions. Indianapolis: B. F. Bowen and Company, Inc. p. 229.
- ^ Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 356. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
The name is for York Township...
- ^ "Dearborn County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 31 August 2014.