Yossi Matias is an Israeli computer scientist, entrepreneur and Google executive.
Matias is the managing director of Google's R&D Center in Israel and is a Senior Director in Google's Search organization. He is a recipient of Gödel Prize (see citation) and is an ACM Fellow for contributions to the analysis of big data and the field of streaming algorithms.
Matias established the Research and Development Center of Google in Israel. He leads the development of Google products such as Google Trends, Google Suggest, and Google Insights for Search, and pioneered an initiative to bring cultural and heritage collections online, such as the Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial Museum archive, the Dead Sea Scrolls., and the Nelson Mandela Archive, which are now part of Google's Cultural Institute. He is the executive lead and founder of Google's Campus Tel Aviv.
Prof. Matias is on the computer science faculty at Tel Aviv University, and previously a research scientist at Bell Labs and a visiting professor at Stanford. He published extensively in the areas of data analysis, algorithms for massive data sets, data streams and synopses, parallel algorithms and systems, data compression, data and information management systems, security and privacy, video processing, and Internet technologies. He is the inventor of over 25 patents.
Matias pioneered some of the early technologies for the effective analysis of big data, internet privacy and contextual search.
- Ungerleider, Neal (2010-11-03). "Google Israel's Chief Geek Yossi Matias Offers a Peek Inside the R&D Center | Fast Company | Business + Innovation". Fast Company. Retrieved 2013-10-22.
- "2005 Godel Prize". Sigact.org. Retrieved 2013-10-22.
- "Yossi Matias - Award Winner". Fellows.acm.org. Retrieved 2013-10-22.
- "About Google's Israel R&D Center - Israel R&D Center Open House 2011". Sites.google.com. 2011-09-14. Retrieved 2013-10-22.
- Fisher, Allyn. "Google widens access to Israel's Holocaust archives | Reuters". Uk.reuters.com. Retrieved 2013-10-22.
- "Digital Dead Sea Scrolls at the Israel Museum, Jerusalem - The Project". Dss.collections.imj.org.il. Retrieved 2013-10-22.
- "Nelson Mandela Centre of Memory". Archive.nelsonmandela.org. 2004-09-21. Retrieved 2013-10-22.
- "Google Cultural Institute". Google.com. Retrieved 2013-10-22.
- "Google Campus". Campustelaviv.com. 2013-09-24. Retrieved 2013-10-22.
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (October 2013)|
- Sites.google.com - Biography
- New York Times - Web Life for the Dead Sea Scrolls
- Reuters - Google widens access to Israel's Holocaust archives
- ACM Fellow
- ACM-SIGACT Goedel Prize
- Dead Sea Scrolls Media Coverage
- Google's Israel R&D Center
- Theory.stanford.com – Papers
- Theory.stanford.com – Patents
- Sites.google.com – Bio