You're Cut Off!
|You're Cut Off!|
Cast of Season 1
|Narrated by||Rob Locke|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||16|
|Executive producer(s)||Allison Grodner
Amy Palmer Robertson
Rick de Oliveira
|Running time||60 minutes (including commercials)|
|Production company(s)||Fly on the Wall Entertainment|
|Original run||June 9, 2010– February 28, 2011|
You're Cut Off! is a VH1 reality show that premiered on June 9, 2010. It features nine spoiled young women who thought they were going to be featured on a show called The Good Life. They are surprised instead to be informed that their families have cut them off from their money due to their spoiled ways, will be required to participate and pass an eight week rehabilitation program in order to be taken back, and that the series will chronicle this process.
- 1 Season 1 Cast
- 2 Episode progress
- 3 Episodes
- 4 Season 2
- 5 Episode progress
- 6 Episodes
- 6.1 Episode 1: "You're So Not It, Girl"
- 6.2 Episode 2: "Live Fab...Now Pay The Tab"
- 6.3 Episode 3: "Do You Want Fries With That?"
- 6.4 Episode 4: "Frugal Fashion?"
- 6.5 Episode 5: "The Allure of Manure"
- 6.6 Episode 6: "Volunteer Vixens"
- 6.7 Episode 7: "Alone On The Range"
- 6.8 Episode 8: "Graduation Day"
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Season 1 Cast
|Smith, Amber !Amber Smith||Georgia, Savannah,Savannah, Georgia|
|Mason, Courtnee !Courtnee Mason||North Carolina, Charlotte,Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Rose, EricaErica Rose||Texas, Houston,Houston, Texas|
|Khay, Gia !Gia Khay||California, Sherman Oaks,Sherman Oaks, California|
|Madden, Jaqueline !Jaqueline Madden||New Jersey, Mahwah,Mahwah, New Jersey|
|Cimato, Jessica !Jessica Cimato||New Jersey, Howell,Howell, New Jersey|
|Stern, Leanne !Leanne Stern||California, Beverly Hills,Beverly Hills, California|
|Blazewski, Pamela Lynn !Pamela Lynn Blazewski||New York, Manhattan,Manhattan, New York|
|O'Keith, Chrissy !Chrissy O'Keith||California, Los Angeles,Los Angeles, California|
|Laura Baron – Professional Life Coach and Life Strategist|
|Contestants||Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6||Week 7||Week 8|
Episode 1: "Surprise...You're Cut Off!"
First aired June 9, 2010 (0.629M viewers)
The nine spoiled women are shocked to learn that their families cut them off from their finances, and enrolled them into an eight-week rehabilitation program designed to teach them self-reliance and humility. After being instructed to downsize all their belongings they brought with them into a single duffel bag, they are brought to live in a comparatively modest house with limited space, no servants, and limited allowances for groceries and certain comforts that will be predicated on their performance in the program. Professional life coach Laura Baron, will be helping to guide them, and evaluate their progress, informing the women which of them have passed or failed each lesson.
Episode 2: "Princess Cleaning Services"
First aired June 16, 2010
The girls are given the task of cleaning the house, but a few of them refuse, and show no deference to the maid who is provided to show them how to clean. Laura then informs them that the maid is actually the head of a cleaning service which the girls must now work for while cleaning the purported house of Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth. Laura later reveals the lesson was not about the cleaning but about respect. The concept of a VIP, or Very Improved Princess, is introduced, and awarded the hardest working girl with her own room and private bathroom as well as control over who will do what chores and the household budget.
|Amber, Courtnee and Jaqueline||Master Bathroom|
|Chrissy and Pamela||Kitchen||Chrissy refused to help Pamela with cleaning the kitchen|
|Jessica and Leanne||Living Room|
|Erica and Gia||Foyer||Erica and Gia refused to do the lesson
Omarosa argued with Gia for disrespecting her in her house
- Passed: Amber, Courtnee, Jessica, Leanne, Pamela, Jaqueline
- Failed: Erica, Gia & Chrissy.
- VIP: Jaqueline
Episode 3: "Dress for Less"
First aired June 23, 2010 (0.625M viewers)
The women are first given the task of completing their chores in order to earn their $200 allowance for food. Gia, Chrissy, and Jessica refuse to do them, thus reducing the spending money to $125. After grocery shopping, the girls meet with Sam Saboura, a top celebrity stylist to learn how to spend on a budget. The girls are first tested to see if they can tell the difference between expensive items and their cheap but identical-looking counterparts, with some surprising results. This is the prelude to their lesson, which is to create three looks made from clothes bought in a thrift store for only $300. Then they have a fashion show and show celebrity judges.
|1||Amber, Erica, and Pamela|
|2||Chrissy, Jaqueline, and Leanne|
|3||Courtnee, Gia, and Jessica|
- Passed: Amber, Courtnee, Gia, Jacqueline, Leanne, Pamela
- Failed: Chrissy, Erica, Jessica
- VIP: Leanne
Episode 4: "She Works Hard for the Money"
First aired June 28, 2010 (0.728M viewers)
The women must write their resumes for a job interview, though Gia refuses both. The women are assigned to work at a Matisse Footwear warehouse, managing inventory, doing office work, etc. Chrissy, however, misses the shuttle to the task because she insists on doing her hair and makeup on her own timetable. Erica is made the manager at the job site, but Gia persistently excoriates her when Erica appears to supervise, including after Erica takes the boss' advice to try a positive reinforcement, and when the boss tries to intervene, Gia quits. The girls who earned their $70 for the day are treated to a spa afternoon, except Chrissy who did not earn a paycheck. Gia earned $50 for a partial day's work. When Erica is made VIP for her performance, an outraged Gia storms out of the house.
|Erica||Manager||During the job/lesson, she was attacked by Gia and Jessica, but kept her cool|
|Jaqueline and Jessica||Sales||Jessica fought with Erica during the lesson|
|Courtnee, Leanne and Pamela||Office||Courtnee was alphabetizing invoices
Pamela was folding and enveloping
Leanne was sealing envelopes
|Amber, Chrissy and Gia||Inventory||Chrissy didn't participate in the job/lesson because she refused to show up
Gia quits her job during the lesson because of Erica being manager
- Passed: Amber, Courtnee, Erica, Leanne, Pamela, Jacqueline, Jessica
- Failed: Gia, Chrissy
- VIP: Erica
Episode 5: "Inner Beauty"
First aired July 5, 2010 (0.918M viewers)
The women are brought to a Buddhist temple, where they exposed to the monk's philosophies regarding inner beauty, though Chrissy and Jessica are resistant to participate. To further illustrate this lesson, Laura has the women do a photoshoot, and then another without elegant clothes or makeup. Gia has an emotionally revelatory moment with Laura. Chrissy is more resistant, and challenges Laura's authority, refusing to continue at one point. She later shows up to a meeting (45 minutes late) with Laura, and refuses to cooperate with her, forcing Laura to expel her from the program. Gia is made VIP.
- Passed: All (except Chrissy)
- Removed: Chrissy
- VIP: Gia
Episode 6: "Fun on a Budget"
First aired July 12, 2010 (0.646M viewers)
Gia uses her position as VIP for her benefit, assigning two chores to Pamela, (whom she has grown to dislike) and using the grocery money to buy herself a birthday cake while refusing to get any of the items requested by Erica, Pamela or Jaqueline. The women are then sent on a camping trip to learn how to enjoy themselves on a budget, but things don't quite turn out as expected. Gia, Jaqueline, Pamela, Erica, and Jessica get into a fight (not the least bit helped by Jessica's response to Erica's rendition of Kumbaya or Gia's deflated air mattress). At home, the fight that cut short their trip escalates. At the group session, Gia openly admits she exploited her privileges, and that she has no regard for the others' feelings. Laura fails Gia, Erica, Jessica and Jaqueline for their behavior and does not name a VIP because of their overall failure in the task, informing them all that their chances of graduation are in question.
- Passed: Courtnee, Amber, Leanne, Pamela
- Failed: Gia, Erica, Jessica, Jaqueline
- VIP: Not awarded
Episode 7: "Giving Back"
First aired July 19, 2010
The women go to PATH (People Assisting The Homeless), a charity championed by former Destiny's Child singer Michelle Williams that helps feed the homeless. The women are assigned to cook, feed and interact with PATH's beneficiaries, but Gia complained. However, she did participate in the challenge by cooking and serving food. She is later touched by one person's story, and offers him a job at her restaurant. Back at home, Laura informs them that they will have the rest of the belongings that they had to leave behind in the season premiere returned to them, but that they will sell them at a charity sale for PATH. She also stated that the team that sold the most items will win the challenge. The winners would be given a prize. The prize was a lunch date with Michelle Williams. Gia gave up her hookah. The team of Jessica, Gia, Leanne, and Amber win by having $36 more dollars. Gia later opens up to Courtnee about her life. Courtnee is named V.I.P.
- VIP: Courtnee
Episode 8: "Graduation Day"
First aired July 26, 2010 (1.451M viewers)
The women decorate the house and prepare a feast for their relatives, something they did not believe possible eight weeks before. Laura has one last challenge for them: to write a letter stating their case for graduation
- Graduated: Courtnee, Jessica, Leanne, Amber, Pamela, Erica, Jacqueline, Gia
Season 2 Cast
|Johnson, Aimee !Aimee Johnson||27||Houston, Texas|
|Hills, Hana !Hana Hills||28||Hollywood, California|
|Koussevitzky, Jessica !Jessica Koussevitzky||23||Lauderdale-By-the-Sea, Florida|
|Grissom, LaurenLauren Grissom||25||Nashville, Tennessee|
|Guevara, Marcy !Marcy Guevara||26||Buena Park, California|
|Erskine, Marissa !Marissa Erskine||26||Upper Freehold, New Jersey|
|Atiqi, Nadia !Nadia Atiqi ||21||Katy, Texas|
|Jowett, Jennifer !Jennifer Jowett||28||West Hollywood, California|
|LaShae, Shakyra !Shakyra LaShae||25||Brooklyn, New York|
|Laura Baron – Professional Life Coach and Life Strategist|
|Contestants||Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6||Week 7||Week 8|
Episode 1: "You're So Not It, Girl"
First aired January 10, 2011 (0.869M viewers)
Professional life coach Laura Baron is back, overseeing a princess rehabilitation program for the out-of-control elite. Eight more spoiled princesses are plucked from their exclusive and extravagant lifestyles after their benefactors, fed up after years of bankrolling their expensive habits, cut the girls off from their finances. The girls learn their fate the hard way, thinking that they were auditioning for a reality show looking for The Next "It" Girl (of which Laura was disguised as one). Instead, these eight women must live together in a middle class two-bedroom house while they learn to cook, clean and live without the benefit of a cadre of personal assistants, chefs and hair stylists. As the girls set out on their difficult personal journey toward financial and personal independence, it may be too much for some in the group to handle.
- Left on own accord: Shakyra
Episode 2: "Live Fab...Now Pay The Tab"
First aired January 17, 2011 (0.559M viewers)
After one spoiled princess reaches her breaking point and walks out of the program, a new girl arrives: the self-proclaimed Queen of Jersey Bling. Laura tests their willingness to take responsibility for their spending habits on a disastrous trip to a country club. The princesses run up several thousand dollars on massages, mimosas and manicures in less than 45 minutes and must work off their debt at the club. Cleaning the tennis courts and shagging golf balls from the lake leads to some fierce confrontations as these ladies learn what it means to pay their own tab.
- Passed: Marcy, Lauren, Marissa, Jessica
- Failed: Hana, Nadia, Aimee, Jennifer
- VIP: Marcy
Episode 3: "Do You Want Fries With That?"
First aired January 24, 2011 (0.543M viewers)
Laura tries to teach the princesses to appreciate earning a paycheck as they enter the work force, flipping burgers and manning the fry vats and drive-thru window at a local fast food joint. Tempers flare as they struggle to work with one another...leading up to an explosive confrontation during group session as one girl refuses to accept Laura's guidance. Will the stress of being cut off cause another spoiled princess to quit the program?
|Marissa and Hana||Counter and drive-thru||Hana was promoted to shift manager and Jenn took Hana's place.|
|Marcy and Jenn||Grill and fryers||After Hana's promotion, Jenn worked drive-thru.|
|Jessica and Nadia||Clean-up and prep||After Hana's promotion, they take over Aimee/Lauren's position.
Nadia quits after confrontation with Hana.
|Aimee and Lauren||Marketing||Wearing hot dog or fries costume to notify drive-by motorists
After Hana's promotion, they take over Jessica/Nadia's position.
- Passed: Marcy, Lauren, Marissa, Jessica, Aimee
- Failed: Nadia, Hana, Jennifer
- VIP: Aimee
Episode 4: "Frugal Fashion?"
First aired January 31, 2011 (0.673M viewers)
Shortly After Jenn's removal from the show, Laura Explains to the girls about Jenn's departure . Money is usually no object when it comes to these princesses' wardrobes. But now they'll need to check price tags as they compete against each other to create a red carpet look for New York socialite Tinsley Mortimer. The girls will be purchasing clothes from a swap meet on a razor-thin budget. Celebrity stylist Robert Verdi judges these thrifty threads. But the girls can't help buying a few things for themselves on the side. Stress over budgets invades the homestead, as they wage war on one another over the weekly grocery list and food budget. At group session Laura explains about the Incident that happen earlier at the red carpet . Laura fails everyone & graduation Is still on the question.
|Blue||Lauren, Jessica, Hana and Aimee|
|Orange||Marcy, Nadia and Marissa|
- Failed: All
- Removed: Jennifer
Episode 5: "The Allure of Manure"
First aired February 7, 2011 (0.883M viewers)
The girls usually live to excess, but they encounter a lifestyle that's exactly the opposite when Laura brings them to an urban homestead: a eco-friendly self-sufficient house. They roll up their Gucci sleeves to help collect chicken eggs, wrangle goats and pile up compost on this organic micro-farm.
- Passed: Marcy, Lauren, Nadia, Jessica, Aimee, Hana
- Failed: Marissa
- VIP: Hana
Episode 6: "Volunteer Vixens"
First aired February 14, 2011 (0.478M viewers)
Despite being more accustomed to painting nails rather than hammering them, the girls help build a house for Habitat for Humanity as Laura teaches these spoiled divas about charity. Laura also tasks them to raise money by selling their brand-name clothing at a pawn shop, testing whether they will part with their ritzy labels for less-than-top dollar prices. Even though Jessica raised more money than anyone else, and what the family needed was money, the others still frowned upon her greedy ways. The lack of charity by some, particularly in the case of a dress purchased at the Frugal Fashion challenge, causes a colossal rift in the house and a major blow up between two pampered princesses.
- Passed: Lauren, Nadia, Hana
- Failed: Aimee, Marissa, Marcy, Jessica
- VIP: Nadia
Episode 7: "Alone On The Range"
First aired February 21, 2011
High heels are traded in for cowboy boots, as Laura sends the ladies off to a dude ranch to learn they can have fun on a budget. But fun is debatable for these divas as they tackle freezing desert nights, howling coyotes, a "mechanical" bull, and a runaway horse that ends up injuring one girl. Without a five-star hotel, the great outdoors push the girls to their limits.
- VIP: Lauren
Episode 8: "Graduation Day"
First aired February 28, 2011 (0.761M viewers)
It's graduation week at Princess Rehab! The ladies prepare the house for the arrival of their benefactors, hoping to prove to all that they have changed their spoiled ways. Their families will ultimately decide if they've passed the program or if they'll remain cut off for good.
- Graduated: Aimee, Hana, Jessica, Lauren, Marcy, Marissa, Nadia
- You're Cut Off on VH1.com http://www.vh1.com/shows/youre_cut_off/series.jhtml
- Beale, Jennifer (June 10, 2010). "Savannah Girl Featured On New Vh-1 Reality Show". WJCL. Archived from the original on October 11, 2010. Retrieved July 1, 2010.
- Turbyfill, Diane (June 8, 2010). "Gastonia beauty queen gets national spotlight on 'You're Cut Off!'". The Gaston Gazette. Archived from the original on October 11, 2010. Retrieved July 8, 2010.
- Love, Lindsey (June 6, 2010). Star. "She's back in the spotlight Erica Rose is game for some embarrassment on national stage". Houston Chronicle. p. 1. Archived from the original on October 11, 2010. Retrieved June 18, 2010.
- Rohan, Virginia (June 6, 2010). Hd. "Diva Gets Dose of Reality". The Record. p. F.1. Archived from the original on October 11, 2010. Retrieved July 3, 2010.
- Gorman, Bill (June 10, 2010). "Wednesday Cable Ratings: Are We There Yet? Tops Adults 18–49, In Plain Sight Tops Viewership". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 29, 2010.
- Gorman, Bill (June 24, 2010). "Wednesday Cable Ratings: Hot In Cleveland Way Down, Still Good; Top Chef, In Plain Sight & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 29, 2010.
- Gorman, Bill (June 29, 2010). "Monday Cable Ratings: Pawn Stars Up; Plus Real Housewives, Secret Life, Neighbors From Hell & Much More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 29, 2010.
- Gorman, Bill (July 7, 2010). "Monday Cable Ratings: Pawn Stars Unstoppable; Plus Real Housewives, Secret Life, Kourtney & Khloe & Much More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 29, 2010.
- Gorman, Bill (July 13, 2010). "Monday Cable Ratings: Home Run Derby Goes Yard; Pawn Stars, Closer, WWE RAW, Secret Life & Much More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 29, 2010.
- Gorman, Bill (July 27, 2010). "Monday Cable: Rizzoli & Isles, The Closer, Secret Life, Real Housewives, Intervention, WWE RAW & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 29, 2010.
- Juzwiak, Rich (July 26, 2010). "Tell VH1 Producers Who Needs To Be Cut Off". VH1 Blog. Retrieved July 31, 2010.
- "Erica Rose To Appear On Dr. Phil + You're Cut Off 2 Premieres In January". VH1 Access. November 11, 2010. Retrieved November 11, 2010.
- "'You're Cut Off!' Star -- The Mug Shot". TMZ.
- "'You're Cut Off' Star -- Popped for DUI". TMZ. 2011/01/11. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- "You’re Cut Off! Season 2 Cast Reveal". VH1 Blog. December 24, 2010. Retrieved December 24, 2010.
- Guerra, Joey (January 19, 2011). "Texas girls get Cut Off, again". The Houston Chronicle. p. E1. ISSN 1074-7109. Retrieved January 27, 2011.
- "Official Twitter page". Twitter. January 31, 2011. Retrieved January 31, 2011.
- Jicha, Tom (January 8, 2011). "Oh, the humanity". South Florida Sun-Sentinel. p. 4A. Retrieved January 27, 2011.
- "'You're Cut Off' Star – Popped for DUI". TMZ.com. January 11, 2011. Retrieved January 31, 2011.
- Gina Salamone (January 9, 2011). "Brooklyn diva learns to live without luxuries". New York Daily News (SPORTS FINAL ed.). p. 5. Retrieved January 27, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (January 11, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: Pretty Little Liars, Greek, Hoarders, Men of a Certain Age & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 20, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (January 19, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Jersey Shore,' Special; Plus 'Skins,' 'Being Human' Premieres, 'Pretty Little Liars,' 'Pawn Stars,' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 20, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (January 25, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Pretty Little Liars,' 'Being Human,' 'Pawn Stars' Rise; 'Skins' Falls & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 26, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (February 1, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars' Up Again; 'Pretty Little Liars' Steady; 'Being Human,' 'Skins' Fall & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 2, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (February 8, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars' Leads Again; 'Pretty Little Liars' Steady-ish; 'Skins' Still Falling & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 9, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (February 15, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars' Leads Again; 'Pretty Little Liars' Slips; 'Skins' Keeps Falling & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 16, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (March 1, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'WWE Raw' Leads Night; 'Skins,' 'Being Human' Rise + 'Pretty Little Liars,' 'Cake Boss' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 2, 2011.
- Official website
- You're Cut Off at the Internet Movie Database
- You're Cut Off at TV.com
- VH1 Blog You're Cut Off Show Recaps