||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2010)|
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (August 2010)|
|Initial release||October 29, 2009|
|Stable release||5.0.3 / September 17, 2013|
|Written in||Java via JetBrains MPS|
|Type||Bug tracking system, project management software|
|License||Proprietary, free for 10 users, free for open source projects|
YouTrack is a proprietary, commercial browser-based bug tracker, issue tracking system and project management software developed by JetBrains. It focuses on query-based issue search with auto-completion, manipulating issues in batches, customizing the set of issue attributes and creating custom workflows, and implements a keyboard-centric approach.
YouTrack is implemented in compliance with the language-oriented programming paradigm and is developed using JetBrains MPS and a set of JetBrains' own domain-specific languages. It uses a built-in JetBrains database — a transactional key-value store. For remote procedure calls, YouTrack supports a RESTful API.
Integration with external tools
YouTrack integrates with a number of source control programs such as Subversion, CVS, Clearcase, Visual SourceSafe, Mercurial, Git, and Perforce through TeamCity. Also, there is a service hook to build an integration with GitHub. It also has an integration with TeamCity, IntelliJ IDEA, TestLink, TestRail, and supports user authentication with Google Account, Yahoo!, OpenID and LDAP. YouTrack is capable of importing issues from JIRA, FogBugz, Bugzilla, MantisBT, Trac, CSV file and Google Code bug tracker. YouTrack provides a Python library for importing issues from other tracking systems.
System requirements and distribution types
YouTrack is cross-platform and works on any Java-enabled operating system, including Microsoft Windows, Linux (*nix), Mac OS X and Solaris. It has three distribution types: web archive (.war) which can be deployed to almost any servlet container (Tomcat, Jetty, etc.); runnable Java archive (.jar) which bundles Jetty and is ready to be started without any additional installation; and Windows Installer (.exe) which installs and configures JRE and Tomcat with the deployed YouTrack web archive.
YouTrack RESTful API
YouTrack RESTful API allows developers to perform various actions programmatically, including:
- Importing existing projects and issues from other bug tracking systems.
- Creating, modifying, getting all the issues attributes.
- Manipulating projects, users, groups and roles.
JetBrains offers YouTrack in five packs with different numbers of users supported, with the basic pack being free of charge. JetBrains also provides YouTrack at no charge for open source projects and for educational and teaching uses in classrooms.
YouTrack is also available as a hosted service (SaaS), called YouTrack InCloud.
- "JetBrains Releases YouTrack 1.0 Beta". eWeek. Retrieved October 30, 2009.
- "JetBrains upgrades YouTrack bug tracker". InfoWorld. Retrieved May 26, 2010.
- "JetBrains YouTrack 3.0 Clears Bug Tracker Launchpad". Dr.Dobb's. Retrieved June 17, 2011.
- "Language Oriented Programming:The Next Programming Paradigm".
- "Evolving Java Without Changing the Language:Custom DSLs". InfoQ.
- "Python Client Library".
- "JetBrains Releases Bug and Issue Tracking Beta". Dr.Dobb's.
- "YouTrack REST API Reference".
- "Konfigurierbare Workflows mit YouTrack 3.0". heise Developer. Retrieved June 17, 2011.