You May Be Right (song)
|"You May Be Right"|
|Single by Billy Joel|
|from the album Glass Houses|
|Released||March 7, 1980|
|Genre||Rock, new wave|
|Billy Joel singles chronology|
"You May Be Right" is a single written and performed by rock singer Billy Joel from his 1980 album Glass Houses. The song reached #7 on the US charts, but failed to chart in the UK unlike his preceding and succeeding singles "All for Leyna" (UK #40) and "It's Still Rock and Roll to Me" (UK #14). The Japanese single features 'Close to the Borderline' as a B-side.
"You May Be Right" and "All for Leyna" both last 4 minutes 15 seconds on the album, making them the longest songs on Glass Houses. "You May Be Right" can be found on disc 2 of Billy Joel's Greatest Hits - Volumes I and II album. The song features a riff that borrows from the Buffalo Springfield hit "Rock and Roll Woman" on the Buffalo Springfield Again album.
The song was used as the theme song for the television show Dave's World, as sung by Southside Johnny. The song was performed by Garth Brooks on the live video This Is Garth Brooks recorded in Dallas, Texas, and at Brooks's 1997 New York concert with Joel as a special guest.
- Billy Joel: vocals, piano and harmonica
- Dave Brown: electric guitar
- Richie Cannata: saxophone solo
- Liberty DiVitto: drums and percussion
- Russell Javors: electric guitar
- Doug Stegmeyer: bass guitar
|Australian Singles Chart||28|
|Canadian Singles Chart||6|
|Japan Oricon Singles Chart||60|
|New Zealand Singles Chart||23|
|South African Singles Chart||14|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||7|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks||38|
- "iTunes - Music - Glass Houses by Billy Joel". Itunes.apple.com. 1949-05-09. Retrieved 2013-08-26.
- Chipmunk Punk Allmusic. Retrieved 10 July 2011
- "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- ""You May Be Right" on the South African Singles Chart". Springbok Radio. August 30, 1980. Retrieved September 25, 2010.