You Must Be Joking! (1965 film)
|You Must Be Joking!|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Michael Winner|
|Produced by||Charles H. Schneer|
|Screenplay by||Alan Hackney
from a story by Michael Winner
|Music by||Laurie Johnson|
|Edited by||Bernard Gribble|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures Corporation (UK)|
|Release dates||3 August 1965 (London)|
|Running time||100 minutes|
A collection of British soldiers and one US Air Force officer are tested in initiative by being given a scavenger hunt to perform. They are instructed to obtain six status symbols of the British way of life. A sort of modern rendition of the "feats of Hercules". Among the feats to be accomplished in 48 hours are escaping from of a maze, obtaining a rare rose and the hood ornament off a Rolls-Royce, and taking a lock of hair from a popular singer.
- Michael Callan - Lieutenant Tim Morton
- Lionel Jeffries - Sergeant Major McGregor
- Denholm Elliott - Captain Tabasco
- Wilfrid Hyde-White - General Lockwood
- Bernard Cribbins - Sergeant Clegg
- Terry-Thomas - Major Foskett
- James Robertson Justice - Librarian
- Gabriella Licudi - Annabelle Nash
- Leslie Phillips - Young husband
- Gwendolyn Watts - Young wife
- Patricia Viterbo - Sylvie Tarnet
- Lee Montague - Staff Sergeant Mansfield
- Irene Handl - Elderly Woman
- Richard Wattis - Parkins
- Miles Malleson - Salesman
- Clive Dunn - Doorman
- Tracy Reed - Poppy Pennington
- James Villiers - Bill Simpson
- Graham Stark - McGregor's Suez comrade
- Arthur Howard - Cecil
- Arthur Lowe - Husband
- Peter Bull - Ferocious Man in Library
- Norman Vaughan - Norman Stone
- Dave Watts keyboards- Ricky Ticky Taylor Pop Star
- TV Guide called it, " Lunacy and laughs galore, with director Winner's gimmicky style much in evidence."
- Hal Erickson wrote in The New York Times, " Director Michael Winner was still in his "mad mod" period when he lensed the wacky goings-on of You Must be Joking? His Death Wish pictures of the 1970s were in 1965 as remote as another galaxy."
- "You Must Be Joking! | BFI | BFI". Explore.bfi.org.uk. Retrieved 2014-03-08.
- "You Must Be Joking! Review". Movies.tvguide.com. Retrieved 2014-03-08.
- "You-Must-Be-Joking- - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2014-03-08.
|This article related to a British film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This film article about a 1960s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|