You Need a Budget
You Need A Budget (YNAB) 4 "Spending" page
|Operating system||Windows, OS X|
You Need a Budget (YNAB) is a multi-platform personal budgeting program based on the envelope method. It was noted by Lifehacker in 2013 as the most popular personal finance software amongst its readers.
YNAB 4 is available for OS X and Windows and was released in June 2012. YNAB 3 (released December 2009) ran on multiple platforms using the Adobe AIR runtime, and previous versions included a Microsoft Excel/OpenOffice.org Calc spreadsheet implementation (YNAB Basic, discontinued in July 2009) and a Windows-only executable under the name YNAB Pro (discontinued in December 2009).
YNAB for iPhone was released in 2010 and is designed for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. It is not a standalone budgeting application but is instead designed to complement the YNAB for Desktop application. YNAB for Android was released in September, 2011.
- "Most Popular Personal Finance Software: YNAB". Lifehacker. Gawker Media. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- "Download page". You Need A Budget website. You Need A Budget. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- "You Need A Budget for Mac". Macworld. IDG Consumer & SMB. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- "YouNeedABudget.com". YouNeedABudget.com.
- "YNAB is Now Free for College Students". Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- "The YNAB 10% Coupon Site". The YNAB 10% Coupon Site. Retrieved 1 February 2015.