You Wear It Well
|"You Wear It Well"|
|Single by Rod Stewart|
|from the album Never a Dull Moment|
|Length||4:23/5:00 (with "Interludings")|
|Writer(s)||Rod Stewart, Martin Quittenton|
|Rod Stewart singles chronology|
"You Wear It Well" is a song written by Rod Stewart and Martin Quittenton, performed by Stewart. It utilizes an arrangement markedly similar to that of "Maggie May," one of Stewart's hits from the previous year.
Stewart recorded "You Wear It Well" for the album Never a Dull Moment, and released it as a single on 12 August 1972. The song became an international hit, reaching number one on the UK Singles Chart, and number thirteen on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- Ali Campbell covered the song on his 2010 album Great British Songs
- In 2012, Frank Bango recorded a version for a fundraising album titled Super Hits Of The Seventies for radio station WFMU
- The 1999 album I Have Been To Heaven And Back: Hen's Teeth and Other Lost Fragments of Unpopular Culture Vol. 1 by the Mekons includes a cover of the song
- "ROD STEWART – “You Wear It Well”". FreakyTrigger. 1972-09-02. Retrieved 2012-01-08.
- "Maggie May Vs You Wear it Well (cover medley)". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-01-08.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 277. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "I Have Been to Heaven and Back: Hen's Teeth and Other Lost Fragments of Un-Popular Culture Vol. 1 | Mekons | Touch and Go / Quarterstick Records". Touchandgorecords.com. 1999-04-20. Retrieved 2014-03-27.
"School's Out" by Alice Cooper
|UK number one single
2 September 1972 for one week
"Mama Weer All Crazee Now" by Slade
|This 1970s rock song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|