Young Men's Christian Association Central Building (Buffalo, New York)
|Former names||Young Men's Christian Association Central Building, YMCA Building|
|Architectural style||English-Flemish Revival|
|Address||45 W. Mohawk St. / 300 Pearl Street|
|Town or city||Buffalo, New York|
|Current tenants||General Services Administration, Food and Drug Administration|
|Height||160.76 feet (49.0 m)|
|Structural system||rigid frame|
|Floor area||180,000 ft (55,000 m)|
|Design and construction|
|Architecture firm||Green & Wicks|
Young Men's Christian Association Central Building
|Location||45 W. Mohawk St., Buffalo, New York|
|Area||0.3 acres (0.12 ha)|
|Architect||Green & Wicks|
|Architectural style||Renaissance, English-Flemish Renaissance|
|NRHP Reference #||83001676|
|Added to NRHP||September 8, 1983|
The Young Men's Christian Association Central Building or Olympic Towers as the building is now known, is a historic YMCA building located at Buffalo in Erie County, New York. The tan-colored brick building with sandstone accents was designed by noted local architects Green & Wicks and constructed in 1901-1902. The building was home to the third oldest YMCA chapter in North America until converted to office use in the early 1980s.
The building complex consists of an English-Flemish Revival style building with a 10-story tower, a 4-story glass and steel office structure which was added in 1986, and a 4-story connecting atrium.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- Francis R. Kowsky (March 1983). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Young Men's Christian Association Central Building". New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. Retrieved 2009-07-25. See also: "Accompanying seven photos".
- Epstein, Jonathan (January 24, 2012). "Olympic Towers sold for $2.5 million". Buffalo News. Retrieved February 25, 2012.
- Young Men's Christian Association Central Building - U.S. National Register of Historic Places on Waymarking.com
- Y.M.C.A. and Men's Hotel, Buffalo, N. Y. -- Historic postcard images
- Olympic Towers Skyscraper page
- Olympic Towers Emporis page
|This article about a historic property or district in Erie County, New York, that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|