Young Trade Professionals
Young Trade Professionals is a program of the Washington International Trade Association which targets entry-level professionals, interns and students who have an avid interest in trade and seek an opportunity to translate interest into experience. Young Trade Professionals hosts monthly trade forums featuring both senior and mid-level professional guests. Some events include a Trade and Environment Forum at Oceana with Ambassador Peter Allgeier and a Services Brown Bag Luncheon with Bob Vastine. Forums are structured to elicit discussion that is as much career-oriented as it is content-oriented, acting as a resource for young professionals to acquire both advice and insight into professional development in addition to trade-related issues. They also host monthly happy hours to network and socialize with other young professionals who share a similar interest in trade. Membership and all events are free.
Vision: Focusing a passion in trade to develop professionals with impact.
Mission: To bring together young professionals in an interactive environment to build relationships and expertise in trade.
In 2010, Young Trade Professionals launched its own "YTPedia - Trade 101" for use by its members so that they could familiarize themselves with common trade terminology.
- 1 Committees
- 2 Committee Leadership
- 3 Events
- 4 References
- 5 References
- Communications: The Communications Committee is responsible for maintaining and expanding YTP's membership, largely through external relations and internal communication.
- Organizational Development: The Organizational Development Committee is responsible for increasing the efficiency and efficacy of YTP, as well as ensuring that membership and leadership transition is fluid.
- Programming: The Programming Committee is in charge of managing YTP's events calendar. The Programming Committee suggests forum speakers and topics, and determines venues for forums, meetings and happy hours.
- Membership Outreach: The Membership Outreach Committee is responsible for integrating new members into the organization and enlarging the existing membership base. The Committee is also responsible for cultivating and expanding YTPs relationship with other Young Professional groups in and around Washington, DC.
- Tana Farrington, National Electrical Manufacturers' Association (NEMA)
- Andrew Northup, UK Trade and Investment
YTP Vice President
- Anish Tailor, IMF - Strategy, Policy, and Review Department
- Frank Hollowell, Legislative Assistant for Rep. Bob Filner from San Diego
Communications Committee Facilitators
- Alex Wortman, Washington International Trade Association (WITA)
Organizational Development Committee Facilitators
- Cynthia Liu, Hughes, Hubbard & Reed LLP
Programming Committee Facilitator
- Jake Hill, M.A. in Int'l Trade & Investment Policy, GWU
Member Outreach Coordinator
- Erin Petrey, Foreign Embassy
- Taiwan's Trade Agenda: A YTP Roundtable Discussion with Kate Liao
- 3rd Annual Reception at the Embassy of New Zealand with Ambassador Moore
- Roundtable Discussion on GCC and US Trade Cooperation: Opportunities and Challenges with Ambassador Patrick Theros, President and Executive Director, US-Qatar Business Council, Danny Sebright, President, US-UAE Business Council, Jason Buntin, Director for Western Europe and Middle East Affairs, Office of the US Trade Representative, Executive Office of the President, Moderator: Nathan Regan, Country Manager - United States of America, Bahrain Economic Development Board
- WITA-WIIT-YTP World Trade Week and TTP Round Happy Hour at Lima Lounge
- Roundtable Discussion on Trade Issues in Agriculture with Darci Vetter, Deputy Under Secretary for Farm and Foreign Agriculture Service, USDA
- Roundtable Discussion on Export Controls with Eric McClafferty, Partner, Kelley Drye
- Roundtable on U.S.-Africa Trade with Katrin Kuhlmann, Director of The Corporate Council on Africa’s U.S.-Africa Business Center
- YTP Joint Networking Happy Hour with Young Professionals in Transportation (YPT)
- 4th Annual Holiday Reception with Jim Kolbe
- Roundtable Discussion on U.S.-China Trade & Economic Relationship in the Aftermath of China’s Political Transition with Damien Ma, Analyst in the Asia practice at Eurasia Group
- 2nd Annual YTP Holiday Happy Hour at the British Embassy
- Roundtable on Technical Barriers to Trade with Jennifer Stradtman, Director of TBT, USTR
- Brown Bag lunch with Lyn M. Schlitt, Director of External Relations, USITC
- 1st Annual YTP Holiday Happy Hour
- Happy Hour with guest speaker Angela Ellard, Chief Trade Counsel at the House Ways and Means Committee
- Brown Bag Lunch with First Secretary of Economics at the Embassy of Korea, Mr. Juseong Lim
- Washington Networking Group's International Networking Reception
- Climate Change w/Timothy Keeler of Mayer Brown
- YTP Trade Trivia Happy Hour
- Inaugural Trade Forum with former Deputy USTR, Amb. John Veroneau
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2010)|