|Younus AlGohar (یونس الگوھر)|
Younus AlGohar in London, 2006
16 June 1970 |
|Other names||Sayyedi (Honourable), AlGohar, Mohammad Younus|
|Alma mater||Manchester University, Cambridge University|
|Organization||Messiah Foundation International, Mehdi Foundation International, Kalki Avatar Foundation, Interfaith Institute of Divine Love|
|Awards||'Man of Valour', 'Universal Peace Ambassador'|
Younus AlGohar (یونس الگوھر, born Mohammad Younus; 16 June 1970) is a co-founder of Messiah Foundation International (also known as Kalki Avatar Foundation and Mehdi Foundation International), a spiritual organisation claiming that Riaz Ahmed Gohar Shahi is the Messiah (Mahdi) and which also advocates Shahi's mystical teachings. He is known for authoring the books Mysterious Horizons – Beyond God (2007), and Nisāb-e-Mehdi (2010).
AlGohar was featured in an article by the Lakbima newspaper and was interviewed by the Sri Lankan newspaper, The Island. He was featured by Your Local Guardian in 2009. He was also interviewed by various Sri Lankan media in 2011 and 2012, including the The Sunday Leader and the Island He was covered by Tamil language newspapers and television stations. In addition, he was invited by the Brahma Kumaris to speak on 'The Call of Time' in Sri Lanka and by Good Morning Sri Lanka to discuss spirituality. AlGohar was also invited by TNL TV in Sri Lanka to explain the message of Kalki Avatar Foundation.
Born in Karachi, Pakistan, AlGohar grew up practicing Islamic Sufism. He met Gohar Shahi at the age of 15 and spent 24 years as a close disciple, until Shahi's disappearance in 2002. AlGohar was named an "Ambassador for Peace" by the Universal Peace Federation in 2005. He studied at Karachi University, Manchester University and Cambridge University.
Messiah Foundation International
RAGS International although founded by Riaz Ahmed Gohar Shahi in 1980, was renamed in 2000 as Messiah Foundation International. The first centre for MFI was established in London, which is also the headquarters of MFI. The organisation has grown to include centres in Canada, USA, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Japan, Australia, India, Greece, Thailand, Bangladesh, Taiwan and Pakistan and Nepal.
Beliefs and views
AlGohar considers himself a "devout servant" of Shahi who practices "The Religion of God", which AlGohar says Shahi has introduced to humanity. According to AlGohar, he believes in all the Prophets, the Messengers and the saints regardless of their religion. He asserts that he does not reject or hate any religion but believes that the spiritual system in all religions, which helped humanity find God, has diminished due to modifications in the religions. According to him, his goals include preaching spirituality irrespective of religious or cultural boundaries, revolutionising humanity by reviving spiritual insight, establishing inner and outer peace, eliminating hatred from society, enlightening hearts with divine energy, and heralding the second coming of Jesus Christ and Riaz Ahmed Gohar Shahi. He has openly challenged Islamic Scholars to have "a healthy debate on this topic should it arise a theological reservation among the minds of petty scholars." In particular, AlGohar has challenged Tahir-ul-Qadri to debates on spirituality, saints, Imam Mehdi and Islam. AlGohar also controversially declares that the world is in the end times.
The Pakistani government has instigated numerous cases of blasphemy against AlGohar, although the details on how he blasphemed have not been specified. According to Pakistan's notorious blasphemy law, if he were to return to Pakistan he would face a life sentence for blasphemy.
Many attempts were made on the lives of Gohar Shahi and Younus AlGohar including a petrol bomb thrown into AlGohar's residence in Manchester, where Shahi stayed when he toured the United Kingdom.
|Name of Book||In Urdu||Translation||Year of Publication||Content|
|Rukhsār-e-Riaz||رخسار ریاض||The Face of Riaz||2002||Poetry|
|Malfoozāt-e-Mehdi||ملفوظات مہدی||Sayings Pertaining to the Mehdi||2002||Educational Book|
|Dastoor-e-Riaz||دستور ریاض||The Riazian Constitution||2002||Educational Book|
|Mysterious Horizons – Beyond God||–||–||2007||Educational Book|
|Nisāb-e-Mehdi||نصاب مہدی||The Chapter of the Mehdi||2010||Educational Book|
|Imam um Mubeen||امام مّبین||The Elusid Imam||2012||Educational Book|
- UN Human Rights Council, 28 February 2008, p. 27
- "His Holiness Younus AlGohar speaks to the Lakbima Newspaper". Retrieved 6 July 2013.
- Morell, Steve A. (7 September 2008), "The Kalkia Avatar Foundation exemplifies Divine Love", The Island, retrieved 11 October 2009
- Whalley, Kirsty (30 September 2009). "Croydon religious leader faces life in Pakistani jail for his beliefs". Your Local Guardian (London). Retrieved 11 October 2009.
- "Spiritual Leader Speaks Of A Love Unsurpassed", The Sunday Leader (Sri Lanka), 29 May 2011, retrieved 20 December 2011
- "Spreading Divine Love Messiah Foundation International". Sunday Leader. 1 January 2012. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Perera, Suresh (24 December 2011), "'The practice of rituals alone does not initiate the heart with divine love’", The Island, retrieved 25 December 2011
- "Indraya Piramugar". 2012-01-14. 96:49 minutes in. DAN TV. http://www.dantv.tv/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1111:piramugar-20120114&catid=106:indraya-piramugar&Itemid=544.
- "Thinakaran Newspaper’s Article about the Ra Ram Conference", Thinakaran, 9 January 2012, retrieved 17 January 2012
- "Virakesari Newspaper’s Special Coverage of Ra Ram Conference", Virakesari, 8 January 2012, retrieved 17 January 2012
- "Sudar Oli Newspaper Covers the Ra Ram Conference", Sudar Oli, 6 January 2012, retrieved 17 January 2012
- "Upcoming Events". Retrieved 15 December 2012.
- "HH Younus AlGohar's lecture on Call of Time at Brahma Kumari Centre, Sri Lanka a great success". Retrieved 15 December 2012.
- "His Holiness Younus AlGohar interviewed by MTV Sports, Sri Lanka". Retrieved 15 December 2012.
- "Jeewithay Sundarai". 2013-03-28. 00:00 minutes in. TNL TV. http://www.kalkiavatarfoundation.com/activities/activity/the-tnl-channel-interviews-his-holiness-younus-algohar.
- "The Official Representative of Lord Ra Riaz Gohar Shahi". YounusAlGohar.com. Unknown. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- "MFI Nepal Opens its Doors" (Press release). MFI Media. February 26, 2012. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
- "Founding of MFI". Unknown. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- Structure and objective of the Mehdi Foundation and the perception of this movement in Pakistan, 5 December 2008, retrieved 11 October 2009
- "Do you await a Messianic personality?". 17 November 2008. Retrieved 11 October 2009.
- "His Holiness Younus AlGohar’s Challenge to Tahir ul Qadri". 18 April 2010. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- "2026 and Humanity". 20 February 2011. Retrieved 6 April 2011.
- Gohar Shahi, Riaz Ahmed (2000). The Religion of God. United States: Balboa Press. pp. xi. ISBN 978-1-45254-908-8. Retrieved 13 July 2013.
- "Who is Holiness". via Yahoo Geocities. Archived from the original on 23 November 2001. Retrieved 9 March 2010.