Your Bad Self
|Your Bad Self|
|Created by||John Butler
|Directed by||John Butler|
Peter McDonald Emily Fairman Andrew Bennett Tom Farrelly Karen Egan
|Country of origin||Ireland|
|No. of series||1|
|Executive producer(s)||Rebecca O'Flanagan|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original channel||RTÉ Two|
|Original airing||26 December 2008|
Your Bad Self stars Domhnall Gleeson as well as Michael McElhatton, Justine Mitchell and Peter McDonald. The show is produced by Ben Kelly for Treasure Entertainment (I Went Down and Mad About Dog) and was co-written by director John Butler, producer Ben Kelly, Eoin Williams, Justine Mitchell and Emily Fairman. It is directed by John Butler, the co-writer and director of George and Spacemen Three for the Irish Film Board.
In June 2009, RTÉ commissioned a six-part series of Your Bad Self. The series will be filmed towards the end of 2009 and broadcast early in 2010. Amy Huberman and Andrew Bennett from Your Bad Self appeared on The Cafe on 8 January 2010.
Declan Lynch of the Irish Independent compared Your Bad Self to its similar BBC counterpart The Fast Show, judging it to be "highly-nuanced and deeply intelligent comedy". His counterpart John Boland sat through it in "stony silence". Paul Whittington said it was "fresh and original" with a "good and dark" tone.
- "Dancing On Ice at Christmas utv, 8pm". Irish Independent. 2008-12-13. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- "Domhnall Gleeson to star in RTÉ Christmas Special". Evening Herald. 2007-12-10. Retrieved 2008-12-13.
- "The Café's guests announced". RTÉ. 2010-01-08. Retrieved 2010-01-08.
- "Sketch show plays it fast but not loose". Irish Independent. 2008-12-28. Retrieved 2009-01-04.
- "RTE comedy? You're having a laugh...". Irish Independent. 2009-01-10. Retrieved 2009-01-10.
- "King Kong". Irish Independent. 2008-12-20. Retrieved 2009-07-07.