Ysgol Dewi Sant
|Headteacher||Mr. David Haynes|
|Deputy Headteacher||Mr. Andrew Kennedy|
|Local authority||Pembrokeshire County Council|
The school serves the historic city of St Davids and an extensive rural area.
In 2013 Ysgol Dewi Sant was under review for potential closure, though it was ranked top Welsh school on the Western Mail Real Schools Guide. In December 2014 it was removed from the Estyn list of schools in need of improvement, having improved its teaching across the ability range, and improved security by building a new reception and carrying out more rigorous identity checks.
Despite this Pembrokeshire County Council arranged an extraordinary meeting for the 29 January 2015, to discuss a shake-up of education in Wales, not just Pembrokeshire, including the closure of Ysgol Dewi Sant. Over 300 people protested outside the council meeting. The council decided to keep Ysgol Dewi Sant open but review the future of the sixth form.
- Simon Davies, former Wales international footballer
- Rowland Phillips, former rugby union player and current coach
- Ian Walsh, footballer
- 2007 Estyn Inspection Report
- "Under review Ysgol Dewi Sant tops list of county's schools". Western Telegraph. 3 October 2013. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- Ceri Coleman-Phillips (5 December 2014). "Significant improvements made at Ysgol Dewi Sant". Western Telegraph. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- "Pembrokeshire schools' closure: U-turn for Ysgol Dewi Sant, St David's". BBC News. 29 January 2015. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
|This Welsh school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|