|Genres||Indie rock, noise rock, shoegaze|
|Associated acts||Cajun Dance Party
|Past members||Daniel Blumberg|
Yuck are an rock band that originated in London, England. The band features Max Bloom, who formerly played in the band Cajun Dance Party along with former 'Yuck' member Daniel Blumberg. The band's self-titled debut album was released through Fat Possum on 21 February 2011 in the United Kingdom. Critics have likened the band to bands such as Dinosaur Jr, Pavement, My Bloody Valentine and Sonic Youth.
On 12 April 2012, the band released the non album track, 'Chew' via their official SoundCloud page.
On 15 April 2013, Yuck revealed on their official Facebook page that they would be recording their second album in late April. They also revealed that Daniel Blumberg had left the band to concentrate on releasing his own music.
On 18 July 2013, Yuck released a new song, 'Rebirth' and it was made available for free download via their official website.
On 13 August 2013, Huw Stephens debuted Yuck's new single, 'Middle Sea' on Radio 1. The new album was revealed to be titled, 'Glow & Behold' during an interview with lead singer Max Bloom afterwards. It was released on 30 September 2013.
On 5 September 2013, Yuck posted a video of a live recording of New Order's 'Age of Consent'. The video was recorded 30 August 2013 by Michael Lawrence in RAK Studios, along with some other songs. This track would become the B-side to the Middle Sea single. Newcomer Ed Hayes plays on this track.
On 23 January 2014, at a performance in Portland, Oregon, Yuck announced an EP set for release in 2014. They played a new song from the EP after the announcement.
On July 9 2015, Yuck released their first single since the release of their 'Southern Skies' EP. Titled 'Hold Me Closer', it was more abrasive and fuzzy than their recent work and suggested a move in a heavier direction for the band.
- Southern Skies (2014)
|2010||"Rubber" (Vinyl only)||Yuck|
|"Georgia" (Vinyl only)|
|2013||"Rebirth"||Glow & Behold|
|"Lose My Breath"|
|2014||"Southern Skies"||Southern Skies|
|2015||"Hold Me Closer"||none|
- Max Bloom – guitar, vocals
- Mariko Doi – bass, vocals
- Jonny Rogoff – drums, vocals
- Ed Hayes – guitar (2013–present)
- Daniel Blumberg – vocals, guitar (2009-2013)
- "Yuck – Perfect sound forever". BBC.Sound of 2011. Retrieved 29 March 2011.
- "Yuck for Liverpool Sound city". Clash. Retrieved 29 March 2011.
- "Yuck Talk Grunge Revival". "Clash (magazine)". Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- Yuck – Biography at Allmusic, Retrieved 18 February 2011.
- Yuck – Review BBC, Retrieved 20 February 2011.
- Chew by Yuck on SoundCloud - Hear the world's sounds
- Facebook update Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- Yuck - Rebirth - YouTube (Published on 18 Jul 2013) Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- Yuck - Glow And Behold Previews, trackist, reviews and artwork from Universal UK Umusic.co.uk Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- Coughlan, Jamie. "Yuck Share Euphoric New Single 'Hold Me Closer'". Overblown. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yuck (band).|