August 12, 1975 |
Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
Born in Fukuoka Prefecture, Tanada pursued theater in high school before entering the Image Forum Institute of the Moving Image to study filmmaking. Her independently produced film Moru won the grand prize at the 2001 Pia Film Festival. Her next work, Takada Wataru: A Japanese Original, a documentary on a Japanese folk singer, was featured at the 2003 Tokyo International Film Festival. She won the Directors Guild of Japan New Directors Award for her 2008 film One Million Yen Girl. She has written the scripts for many of her films as well as contributed the script to Mika Ninagawa's Sakuran. She has also directed for television.
- Moru (2001)
- Takada Wataru: A Japanese Original (2003)
- Tsuki to Cheri (2004)
- Akai bunka jūtaku no Hatsuko (2007)
- One Million Yen Girl (2008)
- Oretachi ni asu wa naissu (2008)
- The Cowards Who Looked to the Sky (2012)
- "2008年度 日本映画監督協会新人賞～タナダユキ監督インタビュー" (in Japanese). Director's Guild of Japan. Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- "映画監督タナダユキ". Shigotonin (in Japanese). Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- "Tanada Yuki". Tokyo Source (in Japanese). Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- Sharp, Jasper. "Yuki Tanada Interview". Midnight Eye. Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- "TIFF History: 16th Festival". Tokyo International Film Festival. Retrieved 24 May 2013.