Arashiro at the 2014 Grand Prix de Denain.
|Full name||Yukiya Arashiro|
22 September 1984 |
Ishigaki, Okinawa, Japan
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||65 kg (143 lb)|
|Current team||Team Europcar|
|Discipline||Road and track|
|Cycle Racing Team Vang
Bbox Bouygues Telecom
|National Road Race Championships (2007, 2013)
Asian Cycling Championship, 2011
Tour du Limousin (2012)
|Infobox last updated on
20 April 2014
Yukiya Arashiro (新城幸也 Arashiro Yukiya?, born 22 September 1984 in Ishigaki, Okinawa) is a Japanese road bicycle racer who rides for French UCI ProTeam Team Europcar. In 2005 he was the Japanese Under-23 National Time Trial and Road Race Champion. He has also won the Japanese National Road Race Championships twice, in 2007 and 2013.
In 2009 he was selected by his team to ride the Tour de France. Along with Fumiyuki Beppu, he was the first Japanese national to complete that race, as on prior occasions Kisso Kawamuro and Daisuke Imanaka had started, but not finished, the race. By finishing the 2010 Giro d'Italia, he became the first Japanese person to finish two Grand Tour events. He completed his third Tour de France in 2012 in 84th place—the highest placing of a Japanese at that time—and earned the most combative award on Stage 4.
He participated in the men's road race at the 2012 Summer Olympics and finished in 48th place. A few weeks after the Olympics, he became the first Japanese to win a race categorized as HC by the UCI, the Tour du Limousin.
- 1st, National Under-23 Time Trial Championships
- 1st, National Under-23 Road Race Championships
- 1st Stage 7 Tour of Japan
- 1st, National Road Race Championships
- 2nd, Tour du Jura
- 2nd overall Vuelta Ciclista a León
- 3rd overall, and one stage win, Tour de Hokkaido
- 3rd overall, Tour de Okinawa
- 3rd, Asian Time Trial Championships
- 1st, Stage 2, and 3rd overall, Tour de Kumano
- 1st, Stage 2, and 3rd overall, Tour du Limousin
- 1st overall, and two stage wins, Tour de Okinawa
- 1st, Critérium cycliste international de Quillan
- 9th UCI Road World Championships
- 5th, Paris-Tours
- 10th Amstel Gold Race
Grand Tours overall classification results timeline
- "Team Europcar (EUC) – FRA". UCI World Tour. Union Cycliste Internationale. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Arashiro Flies Flag For Japan in Tour de France
- Quénet, Jean-François. "Tour de France likely for two Japanese riders". Cyclingnews. Retrieved 16 May 2012.
- Ayano, Makoto (31 May 2010). "Arashiro Yukiya ga Jiro de Itaria sōgō 93-i kansō". Cyclowired (in Japanese). Retrieved 31 May 2010.
- "Arashiro Yukiya rēsu-go intabyū". Cyclowired. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- Benson, Daniel. "Greipel wins Tour de France stage in Rouen". CyclingNews.com. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "Men's Road Race". London 2012. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- Tsuji, Kei. "Nihonjin hatsu no chōkyū kategorī rēsu seiha". Cyclowired. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- Yukiya Arashiro profile at Cycling Archives
- Europcar Profile
- CyclingNews Profile
- Tour De France Profile
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yukiya Arashiro.|