|Full name||Benson Field at Yulman Stadium|
|Location||Ben Weiner Drive
New Orleans, LA 70118
|Broke ground||January 2013 (estimated)|
|Opened||August 30, 2014 (estimated)|
|Construction cost||$60 million|
|General contractor||Woodward Design+Build|
|Tulane Green Wave (NCAA)|
Yulman Stadium is a football stadium that will be built in New Orleans for the Tulane Green Wave football program. It is currently due to have a capacity of 30,000 spectators (25,000 fixed seats + 5,000 standing room). It is scheduled to be completed in July 2014, and will open on August 30, 2014 against the Southeastern Louisiana Lions.
The university initially referred to the stadium as Tulane Community Stadium but revealed its final name in late 2012. Richard Yulman, the former chair/owner of Serta and a member of the Board of Tulane, and his wife donated $15 million toward construction of the $55 million stadium project, giving them naming rights. The stadium’s field will be known as Benson Field, named after New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans owner Tom Benson and his wife Gayle, who donated $7.5 million from the Gayle and Tom Benson Charitable Foundation.
- Nunez, Tammy (May 4, 2012). "New Orleans Slows Tulane University's Timetable for New Football Stadium". The Times-Picayune (New Orleans). Retrieved July 8, 2012.
- "Tulane University Football Stadium". Woodward Design+Build. Retrieved October 18, 2012.
- "Tulane University Announces Fundraising Campaign for Stadium" (Press release). Tulane University. December 8, 2011. Retrieved March 18, 2012.
- Nunez, Tammy (December 8, 2011). "Tulane Plans to Build a 30,000-Plus Seat On-Campus Football Stadium". The Times-Picayune (New Orleans). Retrieved March 18, 2012.
- Nunez, Tammy (November 1, 2012). "Tulane's new venue will be called Yulman Stadium". The Times-Picayune (New Orleans). Retrieved November 1, 2012.
|Events and tenants|
Louisiana / Mercedes-Benz Superdome
|Home of the
Tulane Green Wave
Expected to begin in 2014
|This article about a sports venue in Louisiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|