|Sub-region||West Nile sub-region|
|Elevation||3,540 ft (1,080 m)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
Yumbe is located approximately 75 kilometres (47 mi), by road, north of Arua, the largest town in the sub-region. This location lies approximately 170 kilometres (110 mi), by road, northwest of Gulu, the largest city in Northern Uganda. The coordinates of the town are:3°27'54.0"N, 31°14'42.0"E (Latitude:3.465000; Longitude:31.245000)
The 2002 national census estimated the population of Yumbe at about 15,400. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of the town at 28,500. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Yumbe at 30,800.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town or near the town limits:
- The headquarters of Yumbe District Administration
- The offices of Yumbe Town Council
- Yumbe Hospital - A 100 bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- Yumbe Central Market
- A branch of Stanbic Bank, a commercial bank.
- "Road Distance Between Arua And Yumbe With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Gulu And Yumbe With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Yumbe At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Yumbe In 2002, 2010 And 2011". Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 4 June 2014.