Yung Berg in Chicago, 2008.
|Birth name||Christian Ward |
|Also known as||Iceberg, Hitmaka, Yung Bizzy, Y.B.|
September 9, 1986 |
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Labels||Yung Boss, Epic, Koch|
|Associated acts||The Dream Team, K-Young, Ray J, Twista, Bryant McKinnie|
Yung Berg (born September 9, 1985 in Chicago, Illinois), also known by Hitmaka, is an American rapper, producer and songwriter from Chicago. He is of African American and Puerto Rican descent. His first single was "Sexy Lady", which features R&B singer Junior released in April 2007. Yung Berg had been previously signed to DMX's Bloodline Records as Iceberg. He is featured on the Exit Wounds soundtrack. His debut album Look What You Made Me was released on 2008 
In 2001, he was signed to DMX's Bloodline Records. He made his debut on the Exit Wounds soundtrack on the song "Dog 4 Life" as Iceberg. However, his parents sent him to a military boarding school in Montana in 2001. He moved to Los Angeles after finishing school in 2003. In 2005, Yung Berg worked as a hypeman and recording assistant for Disturbing tha Peace member and Chicago rapper Shawnna. Later that year, he founded his Yung Boss imprint and production team Yung Bosses.
2007-08: Almost Famous EP & Look What You Made Me
Berg's debut single "Sexy Lady, which featured R&B singer Junior, became a hit on Los Angeles urban radio, and he signed with Epic Records among many labels that approached him. Berg's six-track EP Almost Famous: The Sexy Lady EP was released in July 2007. Also in 2007 he made a cameo in the music video of singer Kat DeLuna's debut single "Whine Up." "Sexy Lady" peaked at #18 on the Billboard 100. In 2008, Berg released another single "Sexy Can I", a collaboration with singer Ray J, then his debut album Look What You Made Me. The second single was "Do That There", featuring Dude 'n' Nem, followed by "The Business", featuring Casha, which peaked at #33 on the Hot 100. In September 2009, Yung Berg released his song "Baby I'm Back" featuring Jhené Aiko.
Since 2009 Berg aka HIT MAKA has focused on writing, producing and arranging songs for a variety of well-known and up-and-coming artists. Under the name HIT MAKA, Berg has written and produced a string of chart topping records including Tamar Braxton's hit single, "The One." He also defunct his old label Yung Boss Records & started his new label Yung Fly Movement or YFM with upcoming singer Mia Rey & upcoming Chicago rapper Jordan Hollywood.
Co-writing and producing
In 2009 Berg's producer Rob Holladay, along with singer K-Young, formed the production group The Dream Team. Yung Berg announced in an interview on Playboy Radio July 1, 2010 that the Last Train to Paris album by Diddy would feature songs they co-wrote and produced.
In 2010, Yung Berg was allegedly robbed again of another massive chain, his Batman chain, which made headlines all over the net. Yung Berg responded to the incident in an interview, giving the explanation that "The chain was for charity" and may be giving up his jewelry wearing days due to these incidents.
In November 2014, Yung Berg was arrested in the beating of his girlfriend, Masika Kalysha, at the Gershwin Hotel.
|2014||Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood||Recurring Cast|
- last.fm: Yung Berg
- Upmalis, Jordan; Reid, Shaheem (2008-07-11). "Yung Berg Raps -- And Sings -- With Eve, Trey Songz, Lloyd On Star-Filled Debut". MTV News. Retrieved 2009-06-24.
- Cordor, Cyril (2008). "Yung Berg > Biography". allmusic. Retrieved 2009-06-24.
- "Biography". YungBerg.net. Sony Music Entertainment. Retrieved 2009-06-24.
- "Artist Chart History - Yung Berg - Singles". Billboard. Retrieved 2009-06-24.
- "Rumors : Hip-Hop Rumors: Lil Wayne's Rebirth Deaded? Nicki Minaj's Past! Yung Berg's New Beef!". Allhiphop.com. Retrieved 2010-11-06.
- Langhorne, Cyrus (2010-07-06). "Yung Berg Books Ticket For Diddy's "Last Train To Paris"". Sohh.Com. Retrieved 2010-11-06.
- http://www.talkofthetown411.com/2010/10/yung-berg-talks-about-his-batman-chain.html TalkoftheTown411.com. Retrieved 2010-10-03
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaX77voM-RI Yung Berg Responds To Chain Getting Snatched