Yuri D. Burago at Oberwolfach in 2006. Photo courtesy MFO.
|Institutions||St. Petersburg State University|
|Alma mater||St. Petersburg State University|
|Doctoral advisor||Victor Zalgaller
|Doctoral students||Grigori Perelman
Education and career
Burago is the head of the Laboratory of Geometry and Topology that is part of the St. Petersburg Department of Steklov Institute of Mathematics. He took part in a report for the United States Civilian Research and Development Foundation for the Independent States of the former Soviet Union.
- Burago, Dmitri; Yuri Burago, and Sergei Ivanov (2001-06-12) . A Course in Metric Geometry. American Mathematical Society (publisher). p. 417. ISBN 978-0-8218-2129-9.
- Burago, Yuri; Zalgaller, Victor (1988-February) . Geometric Inequalities. Transl. from Russian by A.B. Sossinsky. Springer Verlag. ISBN 3-540-13615-0. 
His other books and papers include:
- Geometry III: Theory of Surfaces (1992)
- Potential Theory and Function Theory for Irregular Regions (1969)
- Isoperimetric inequalities in the theory of surfaces of bounded external curvature (1970)
He has advised Grigori Perelman, who solved the Poincaré conjecture, one of the seven Millennium Prize Problems. Burago was an advisor to Perelman during the latter's post-graduate research at St. Petersburg Department of Steklov Institute of Mathematics.
- Burago's page on the site of Steklov Mathematical Institute
- Yuri Burago at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Yuri Dmitrievich Burago in the Oberwolfach Photo Collection
|This article about a Russian mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|