Lowenthal in 2013
|Born||Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Other names||Sean Roberts
|Alma mater||The College of William & Mary|
|Occupation||Voice actor, writer, actor|
|Spouse(s)||Tara Platt (m. 2001)|
Yuri Lowenthal is an American actor known chiefly for his work in television and film animation. Some of his prominent roles in anime and cartoons include Sasuke Uchiha in the Naruto series, the teenage Ben Tennyson in the Ben 10 series, Superman in Legion of Superheroes and Simon in Gurren Lagann. In video games, he voices The Prince in Ubisoft's Prince of Persia series produced in the 2000s, The Player in Insomniac Games Sunset Overdrive, Sandal in Dragon Age and Alucard in the Castlevania series.
Lowenthal has a production company Monkey Kingdom Productions with his wife, Tara Platt. They have produced several feature films and a web series called Shelf Life. He is a published author of books Voice-Over Voice Actor on VO and comedy-noirvella Tough City as part of a 72-hour novel writing contest. He appeared on camera in TV series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Hawaii Five-O and Criminal Minds.
|This section requires expansion with: More detail on early life
How did he get into voice acting? What was his first role? What was his most notable role/critical reception?What is his voice style?. (November 2013)
He co-founded Monkey Kingdom Productions with Tara Platt in 2004. In 2007, Lowenthal and Platt provided their voices for Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 and also for Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4. In the anime industry, he is most known for his roles as Sasuke Uchiha in Naruto, Suzaku Kururugi in Code Geass, Simon in Gurren Lagann, Jinnosuke/"Kuma" in both Afro Samurai movies and Gen / Dromus in Tenkai Knights.
In the video gaming world, he is well known to be the voice of the Prince of Persia in several of Ubisoft's games, including The Sands of Time, The Forgotten Sands, and The Two Thrones. He also provides the voice of Cecil Harvey in the Nintendo DS remake of Final Fantasy IV, and again in Dissidia: Final Fantasy on the PSP. Lowenthal did the voice of The Courier from Fallout: New Vegas. He provides the voice of teenager Ben Tennyson in Ben 10: Alien Force, Ben 10: Ultimate Alien, and Ben 10: Omniverse. He is also known as the voice of Alucard in several installments of the Castlevania series. He is also set to appear alongside Troy Baker in the live-action film The Phoenix Incident, based on the events in Phoenix, Arizona.
He and Tara Platt co-authored the book Voice-Over Voice Actor: What It's Like Behind the Mic. He also co-authored the comedy-noir novella Tough City with Keith Ikeda-Barry. He also frequently guests at the San Diego Comic-Con International.
|Afterworld||Mr. Tanaka, Frank|
|Batman: The Brave and the Bold||Mister Miracle, Bulletman, others|||
|Beware the Batman||Creed Courtman, Detective Thomas ( Episode: "Choices")|
|Ben 10: Alien Force||Ben Tennyson, various characters|||
|Ben 10: Ultimate Alien||Ben Tennyson, various characters|||
|Ben 10: Omniverse||Ben Tennyson, various characters|||
|Generator Rex||Ben Tennyson, Additional Voices||special Ben 10/Generator Rex: Heroes United|
|Huntik: Secrets & Seekers (Season 1)||Lok Lambert|
|Legion of Super-Heroes||Superman, Superman-X / Kell-El, Stone Boy|
|Lost Treasure Hunt||Dex|
|Monster High||Deuce Gorgon, Heath Burns (Season 1), Clawd Wolf, Gil|
|Regular Show||Adam, Guy 1|
|ThunderCats||Emrick (Episode: "Song of the Petalars")|
|TOME: Terrain of Magical Expertise||Rubirules|||
|Turbo FAST||Director, Toy Store Guy|||
|Wild Grinders||Goggles, Jack Knife, Spitball, Lackey (credited as Jimmy Benedict)|
|Wolverine and the X-Men||Iceman/Bobby Drake|
|Young Justice||Garth, Icicle Jr, Tommy Terror, Lagoon Boy|||
|Alias||Bishop's Driver (Episode: "The Awful Truth")|
|Close to Home||EMT (Episode: "The Good Doctor")|
|Criminal Minds||Jake Ellison (Episode: "The Stranger")|
|Gilmore Girls||Carl (Episode: "He's Slippin' 'Em Bread...Dig?"), Sookie's Sous Chef (Episode: "Go Bull Dogs!")|
|Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles||Christopher Garvin (Episodes: "Today Is the Day: Part 1" and "Today Is the Day: Part 2")|
|Warehouse 13: Grand Designs||Nikola Tesla (Episodes "Chapter 1" and "Chapter 7.5 (Bonus Chapter)")|
|Hawaii Five-0||Liam (Episode: "Hoa Pili")|||
|Adventures in Voice Acting||Himself[episode needed]|
|Films of Fury: The Kung Fu Movie Movie (2011)||Narrator|
- Lowenthal, Yuri; Platt, Tara (2010). Voice-Over Voice Actor: What It's Like Behind the Mic. Bug Bot Press. 259pp. ISBN 9780984074006. OCLC 429727108.
- Lowenthal, Yuri; Ikeda_Barry, Keith (2013). Tough City. Bug Bot Press. 117pp. ISBN 9780984074013. OCLC 849762751.
- Bateman, Tom (December 22, 2005). "Yuri Lowenthal Interview". Robotech.com. Harmony Gold USA.
- "Behind The Voice Actors – Yuri Lowenthal". Behind The Voice Actors. January 27, 2010. Retrieved July 29, 2014. – green check mark indicates roles that have been verified by BTVA through closing credits screenshots
- Yamato, jen (January 7, 2015). "‘The Phoenix Incident': The Truth Is… Somewhere In This Viral UFO Thriller". Deadline.com. Retrieved January 12, 2015.
- Green, Scott (2008-07-25). "AICN Anime: World Cosplay Summit Interview-Part Two, Guin Saga, Ghost Talker's Day Dream, Afro Samurai and More". Ain't It Cool News.
- "Solitary Cross". Boys Be.... Episode 10. Manga Entertainment. Event occurs at 21:37 (JP cast) 22:51 (EN cast). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNmfF9EnP_4. Retrieved 2014-07-08.
- "Hellsing Ultimate III". Hellsing Ultimate. Episode 3. October 4, 2014. Closing credits. Adult Swim.
- "Hellsing VI". Hellsing Ultimate. Episode 6. October 25, 2014. Closing credits. Adult Swim.
- "The Sky's the Limit". Tiger & Bunny. Episode 15. http://www.hulu.com/watch/648999#i0,p12,d0.
- "TOME Episode 12: Secret of the Netkings by Chris Niosi". YouTube. 7 October 2014. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- TOME: Terrain of Magical Expertise (Web series) . 2014. Closing credits, Rubirules.
- "Yuri Lowenthal and Tara Platt on Hawaii Five-0". Facebook. 23 March 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-07.
- Spotlight PR Company (2013-07-17). "Spotlight PR Company : Voice Superstars YURI LOWENTHAL and TARA PLATT Premiere Trailer for New Convention Circuit Mockumentary "CON ARTISTS"". New.pitchengine.com. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- "The Kung Fu Movie Movie – The Filmakers :: Yuri Lowenthal". Films of Fury. Retrieved 2013-08-22.
- Big Hero 6 (film) . 2014. Closing credits, Additional Voices.
- "Hullabaloo Steampunk animated film". Indiegogo. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (video game) . 2014. Closing credits, Additional Voices.
- Avalanche Software. "Disney Infinity". Scene: Closing credits, 4:52 in, Featuring the Voice Talents of.
- Avalanche Software. "Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes". Scene: Closing credits, 2:55 in, Featuring the Voice Talents of.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition (video game) . 2014. Closing credits, Additional Voices.
- "Everstar by Psycho Sorted – Starring". Kickstarter. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- Game of Thrones (video game) . 2014. Closing credits, Tom, Erik.
- Ghostbusters: The Video Game, closing credits – MahaloVideoGames (July 13, 2009). The Ghostbusters Game Walkthrough (YouTube). Event occurs at 0:17.
- Confirms voicing of a pedestrian in Grand Theft Auto V Yuri Lowenthal on Twitter. September 28, 2013. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- Rockstar North (17 September 2013). "Grand Theft Auto V". PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 (v1.0). Rockstar Games. Level/area: Credits, 21:35 in, The Cast, The Local Population.
- Confirms voicing of That Man in Guilty Gear 2: Overture: "I didn't record Sin this time, but the other guy yes. I think." Yuri Lowenthal on Twitter. December 4, 2014. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- Clarifies he only voiced Sin in the older Guilty Gear title (Guilty Gear 2): "If it's the old one, that's me as Sin. Just not the new one." Yuri Lowenthal on Twitter. December 6, 2014. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- Clarifies his role in Guilty Gear Xrd: "Sorry, I thought I answered yes to that. Yes, I played Bedman. But not Sin." Yuri Lowenthal on Twitter. December 7, 2014. Retrieved December 7, 2014.
- PCB Productions (2012-07-23). Infex Interviews 1 (YouTube). 2:05.
- PCB Productions (2012-06-30). Infex Interviews 2 (YouTube).
- Square Enix. "Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII". Scene: Closing credits, 5 minutes in, Voice Actors, Additional Voices.
- 4A Games. "Metro: Last Light". Deep Silver. Scene: Closing credits, 1 minute in, English Voice Talent (Alphabetical Order).
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (video game) . 2014. Closing credits, Additional Voices.
- "All in the Mighty Family! - Voice Cast for Mighty No. 9". mightyno9.com. 2015-02-10.
- Square Enix. "Murdered: Soul Suspect". Scene: Closing credits, 5 minutes in, Voice Actors, Additional Voices.
- Operation Darkness, cutscene – Violence City (February 6, 2009). Operation Darkness Stage 1 Part 2 of 3 (YouTube). Event occurs at 5:20.
- Gamespot Studios (July 4, 2012). Voice Recording – Persona 4 Arena: Behind the Scenes Video (YouTube).
- AtlusUSA (August 28, 2014). Behind the voices of Persona Q's Chie and Yosuke (YouTube).
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell (video game) . 2015. Closing credits, Matt Miller.
- Vicarious Visions. "Skylanders: Giants". Scene: closing credits, 3:49 minutes in, Voice Actors.
- Confirms voicing of Fright Rider in Swap Force: "I know of Fright Rider at the very least!" Yuri Lowenthal on Twitter. October 22, 2013. Retrieved February 15, 2015.
- Coin-Op TV (2014-04-05). Skylanders Punk Shock Voice Tara Platt Interview (YouTube). 1:52-2:04 Robert Welkner and Tara Platt talk about Yuri voicing Softpaw in Skylanders.
- Skylanders: Swap Force (video game) . 2013. Closing credits, Additional Voices.
- Toys for Bob. "Skylanders: Trap Team". Activision. Scene: Closing credits, 8:40 in, Voice Actors.
- "Skylanders: Trap Team review". Kidz Coolit.com. Retrieved February 5, 2015.
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (video game) . 2010. Closing credits, Additional Voices.
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky (video game) . 2008. Closing credits, Additional Voices.
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (video game) . 2007. Closing credits, Additional Voices.
- "Transition Hiccups". Board.rpgamer.com. 2010-07-15. Retrieved 2013-08-22.
- Tales of Xillia 2, scene – CGInfernoBlast (August 19, 2014). Tales Of Xillia 2 – English Version Walkthrough – Part 13 – Character Episodes Batch #3 (YouTube). Event occurs at 0:44.
- Carsillo, Ray (2013-09-04). "EGM Review: TMNT: Out of the Shadows". Electronic Gaming Monthly. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- "Voice Cast Revealed". Day For Night Games. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "THE BLACK GLOVE". Kickstarter. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (video game) . 2013. Closing credits, Nils.
- The Order: 1886] (video game) . 2015. Closing credits, Nikola Tesla.
- Deadline Games. "Watchmen: The End Is Nigh". Warner Bros. Games. Scene: Closing credits, 5 minutes in, Voice-over actors.
- Carbine Studios. "WildStar". NCSOFT. Scene: Credits, 2:45 in, Cast.
- Blizzard Entertainment. "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor". Scene: Closing credits, 11:30 in, Voice Over Cast.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yuri Lowenthal.|
- Official website
- Yuri Lowenthal at the Internet Movie Database
- Yuri Lowenthal at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Yuri Lowenthal convention appearances on AnimeCons.com
- IGN Interview, ds.ign.com; accessed December 15, 2014.
- Interview, animechronicle.podbean.com, May 2010 podcast
- Profile, BehindTheVoiceActors; accessed December 15, 2014.